PyMS v1.2.1

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 07, 2008 3:59 pm

haha, sorry :P

Alright, auto-completion. Should I add it? If so, what should I add it for? I can easily do:
- Command names
- variable Types
- stat_txt.tbl unit names

And could also add these with more work:
- External Definition Variable Names
- In script variable names
- In script label names
- In script AI ID's
ashara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ashara » Fri May 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Nice, command and units names will be useful :)
Is it possible to do that for labels too ?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri May 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Yes, i forgot to add that and AI ID's. Fixed.

Edit: Ok I released a new version mainly for bug fixes, but added some new features too. I implemented auto-completion for variable types and command names, in the form of tab-completion. For example type 's', then hit the tab key to cycle through all the auto-completion matches in alphabetical order.

Edit2: A new version is out, mainly for bug fixes, but it also adds Unit, Upgrade, and Technology stat_txt.tbl entries to the tab-completer.

Edit3: New version up, lots of bugs were fixed and some new features added, including label name tab-completion (internal or external labels).

Edit4: I forgot a couple things in the changes list, they were:
- When testing for errors in the Script Editor, the first error/warning will be centered on
- Added a warning for commands that are not executed because they are after a goto(), stop(), or other blocking command

Edit5: Ok I just found the problem in the Script Editor tooltips (I said I fixed it in the Changes log but what I meant was i just made it not die if it screwed up). I was lazy and just copied the info from the SCAIEdit help file, and it was missing help for 3 commands, which crashed it when trying to view help for it.
Another thing is I found that PyAI was missing one of the unknown commands, 'if_towns'. Not a big problem but its fixed.

Edit 900000: I released the PyGRP GUI for testing. Also comes with a few things for PyAI.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:47 pm

I just thought I would give you guys a sneak peak of what I've been doing in secret:

Thats pretty much most of the work done :)
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Nice job! :)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks matefkr. Now how about some more. I completed 2 full GUIs for PyPAL and PyTBL, fully functional and should be bug free.

PyPAL:

PyTBL:
Jon_

Postby Jon_ » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi. I'm checking this out and have not found any problems to report yet, but I couldn't seem to get PYTbl or PYPal to do anything? Also what is the grp outline(green) and frame outline(red) about?

btw, I really like how all the palettes are right there instead of having to browse my folders for these standard ones.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Hello Jon_, glad to see another user trying out my stuff! The problem you are probably having is that the only programs with a GUI are currently PyGRP and PyAI, the other programs are only command line based. There is some documentation on the command line interface of PyMS in the Docs folder if you want to look into it. Ask any questions you have if you need more help.

The GRP Outline is the outline of the entire GRP, while the Frame Outline is the outline of the current frame. The only thing they really do is tell you the size of the GRP. And yeah, I always hated having to find my palettes.

Also, I just made another GUI, this time for PyGOT:

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”