computer gg

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mihaio07
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

computer gg

Postby mihaio07 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi everybody, I am new on this forum, but I've been trying out custom AI's for a couple of months now.

My suggestion is that there should be a trigger or something to tell the computer it has lost the battle earlier on, so that it isn't necessary for the opposition to hunt down stray hatcheries / CCs / whatevers. I mean, when the game is theoretically over, you need an additional 5 minutes to raze all the buildings. And it would be nice to finish the game earlier, so a replay can be saved immediately if required.

I'm not sure what the current status on BWAI is and whether it would be realizable to change all the scripts, but adding this trigger at least to the GOLD collection would improve the playability and the realism of the AI.

Now about this script, I think that a trigger related to the supply count and resources available (few units and no possibility of replenishing the unit count) should do the trick.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:47 am

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell a comp to quit. You could try using melee triggers and simply add it to the modfile you're playing. The problem with this is that there's no way to tell a comp from a human player and could lead to undesirable situations like forcefully removing a player if they've been destroyed and run to a ally's base.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Does it involve create_unit ?
mihaio07

Postby mihaio07 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Any other victory trigger, besides the standard "raze every building" would be an improvement. There has to be a simpler way to do it.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”