Rocky II Zerg and Protoss AI (Updated 02/02/12)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
JH24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JH24 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:22 pm

PandaBB, thank you so much for your replay! :) You played very well and it was also really, really helpful.

I now realize I really got to work on the AI reacting to an early Mutalisk attack. Maybe the AI should aim for Corsairs instead. I'm going to experiment a bit.

As for the breaks, I'll try to see if I can change anything regarding upgrades.

Thanks again! :)
JH24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JH24 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Double post, sorry.
pandabb

Postby pandabb » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

a p v z game. The early push was very good. but i guess you might want to get tank earlier. :)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 am

hmm, I think the Zerg Ai may be building too many spores.
Symmetry

Postby Symmetry » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

I felt like playing a game of SC, so I decided to try out your AI. I played a PvP game and it seemed rather weak. It seemed to get gas very, very late and built nothing but zealots. Very easy to micro against with goons. Replay is attached.

(Note: I'm not a very good melee player :P No poking fun at my play :P)

ADD:

PvT: It didn't even build a factory. Way too many firebats for some reason. Easy fodder for my goons. Going to try PvZ next.

PvZ: Definitely my worst game of the three :P I generally played really poorly. The comp built a LOT of static defense, but never even teched to lair? Replay is attached.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 am

@ Symmetry

Thanks for playing and your comments. :) I have to go to work but I check out your replays later today.

I think I was indeed to careful regarding the AI and teching. Especially Protoss and Zerg tend to stay at the lowest tech level the longest, but I've improved and changed the structure of the upgrades and attacks in version 1.34, it should make use of different units a lot faster now. You're right about the Terran AI and the factory, that's my fault and I've corrected that in the next version, it will then actively use Tanks and a lot less Firebats.

Thanks a lot fro your comments and I'll comment on your replays later today. :)
Symmetry

Postby Symmetry » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:53 am

Oh, also: Did you include a modded .got template or something? All three games the AI and I started in the same position. That's why my scout in the PvT and PvZ was so early (and in the PvT I accidently drew their workers D: I felt bad).
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:42 pm

I've watched the replays, you played very well. :) The replays were very helpful to me, I also might need more drones/workers for the AI to keep up with resources.

As for a modded.got template. I don't know. I'm not very experienced with AI scripting/modding, as far as I know there are no locked places. Maybe it was a coincidence.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:18 pm

You need pretty fast goons in pvt/pvp, probaly wanna do that in ai vs ai. Or maybe even a random 13 nexus build in pvt. 13 nexus---> then get gateway asap since you will need defenders asap
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Thank you for the advice, Archon_Wing. :) But I've decided to drop the Protoss and Terran AI. I'm going to fully focus on the Zerg AI from this point on. It's just too time consuming for me otherwise.

Although the Rocky Zerg AI is the weakest of my AI's, the Zerg are my favorite race and I feel I have the most potential with them.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”