The Great Big All-In-One Help Thread

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Try right clicking ----> properties----> compatibility tab. Then try checking "run this program in comptability mode"

Also check "run this program as an administrator" if possible.

If this doesn't work, you could turn off DEP completely like I did. I followed the directions here:

Goto the start menu, and type in the search box in the bottom left corner. Type cmd, right click and run as administrator

Copy and paste into the window that appears: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff Press enter.

(must restart comp after)

I'm not sure these will work, but I have encountered no problem with windows or any of the AI mods with these changes.

Some people recommend against this because of potentially lowered security, however, I've always found most of vista's attempts to "help" you (such as that awful UAC) to do more harm and thus I disable all of them. I usually watch what I download and what I browse very carefully and keep to date on updates so these protections aside from a good virus scanner and maybe firewall are pretty superfluous.
Compton187
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Compton187 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey, guys! I need some help. I use 2 dll (hack) files for the game, and a program what is inject these dll automatically and start the game. Now i want to use the BWAI, but it has also run automatically the game. Is there any way to run the game with dll and BWAI too? Thx for help!
Ryba

Postby Ryba » Sun May 31, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello all,
I've have a problem using AI,
I'm playing sc bw with my friend at tc/ip (connection via hamachi), since computer is too weak for us we downloaded BroodWarAi Project 3.1.
And according ot manual which was attached to AI, we've done all necessary things, my friend created ums map , opponents are normal from starcraft but AI is not working properly.
When I installed AI also (so now we both have it) games are not visable for me. Why ?
We are using forcebindIP

Thanks in advance
Ryba
permafrost233061

Postby permafrost233061 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Whenever I unzip and play it the comp just sits there and does nothing in the game. If someone could tell me what im doing wrong I would be very grateful.
permafrost233061

Postby permafrost233061 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:54 pm

what is UMS? im very new to mods. i just found out about them a few days ago to tell you the truth
mihaio07

Postby mihaio07 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 am

I've been hearing that a major problem with making a very good Non-Cheating AI script is "poor computer resource management".
What does that actually mean?

I've seen in a couple of replays that the computer keeps building and cancelling units, which might affect its finances should the 25% cancel fee applies to units as well (?), but other than that, i can't figure out where the computer's money goes.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:51 am

Hmm, most people would say the biggest problem with the AI is poor unit control. It's use of resources can be poor in some cases because it slows down when there are many expansions running. Sometimes it builds units a little slower than it should, so resources start piling up unused.

Unit canceling is not penalized-- you get a full refund. But the buikding/canceling units does cause the building to be a little slower... especially if it's queuing battlecruisers or something.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”