AdAstras AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 am

Hmm, me and my friend downloaded this and played a LAN game on Normal difficulty with no computers, and when we used the Construction Tender to attack, the game would crash for whoever saw it (iscript error?) :/

There was another crash I got when i selected one of the unit producing structures and accidentally hit some keys by accident (crashed both me and my friend and we wern't looking at the selected building so im not sure what is up with it)

Edit: The iscript shows that it doesn't have an attack... I'll have to check the other difficulty dat files.. Yeah all the difficulty levels the Construction Tender has the Fusion Cutter attack but no attack animation. As you can tell I didn't know if it had an attack or not so i checked Ad Astras's units.dat and it had no attack.
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Arrr! It's still not stable enough for Multiplayer. Had a lot of desyncs but couldn't figure out why. I liked the pretty building lights :(.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 am

there is no such thing as "multiplayer-only" issues. There's either an issue, or there isn't, and there's definitely an issue.

I don't know about randomly pressing buttons but it sounds like either there's a 256x256 graphic being used (which is unstable, use 255x255) or the iscripts between certain units and overlay relations aren't very sound (think my Blood Moon section in my bible; if you aren't careful, you can crash the game between two sets of otherwise functional code).
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 am

Lifting a building causes the game to desync? rofl? Okay, I have no idea what the hell you guys are doing to break the game so much.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah. I'm not really willing to touch this with a 42 foot pole because it's not my mod, but it sounds like that weird behavior is to be expected.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”