Testing AIs...

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Corbo

Testing AIs...

Postby Corbo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:36 am

Is there something I am missing here?
If my AI didn't work the computer would just sit there and do nothing, or crash or do something really weird.
Instead of that it just follows the normal AI as if I didn't add anything, so, is there something I am doing wrong?
Here's what I've tried:
1. I made a code and saved it as a .asc then I opened the aiscript.bin deleted both Protoss Custom Level and Protoss Expansion Custom Level. Then I added my AI to replace both entries, they both have the correct IDs and names (PCMu and PCMx).
2. I opened the scripts I wanted to replace (edited them) and pasted my code instead of whatever they had in.

To both cases I have correctly put them into a MPQ and used MPQDraft succesfully (lol :P).
I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

P.S. The AI returns no errors or anything but I'll be glad to post it if you really need it (I'm just ashamed of my newbie coding right now that's why I don't post it :P)
XzxFlamerxzX

Postby XzxFlamerxzX » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 am

I noticed this thread: http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50

Did you check to see if any help could be found there?
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 am

The name is irrevent but the ID is important. They are case sensitive.

Also you said PCMx. You want PMCx.
Corbo

Postby Corbo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:26 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='2901' date='Mar 2 2008, 09:09 PM']After you compile your script, you might close the aiscript.bin window in SCAIEDit and then reopen it (double-click aiscript.bin.) Check to be sure the script inside is actually yours (double-click the script contained in aiscript.bin). If the script isn't the same, make sure the "use pre-compiled" script button is down.[/quote]
I always do that :P

[quote name='IskatuMesk' post='2904' date='Mar 2 2008, 10:14 PM']Also you said PCMx. You want PMCx.[/quote]
Let me go check...

EDIT: It is correct, PMCu and PMCx. I recalled it wrong on first post.
And flamer, the problem is not that it crashes freezes or anything the problem is that it simply just executes the regular AI and not mine. I have read that topic btw.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 am

This is exactly what I do.

I create a new aiscript.bin.

I create my AI.

I throw it in.

I click *compile*.

I throw the aiscript into a stray mpq file. scripts/aiscript.bin.

I run it through mpqdraft.

Voila.
Corbo

Postby Corbo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:53 am

That's exactly what I'm doing.

And baja, the BlankAi_Vista.exe doesn't work for me. It freezes and I waited like 15 minutes until a friend IMed to just minize SC and find out it gave a MPQDraft error.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”