Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

bajadulce

Re: BWAI.com convert to PhpBB3 status

Postby bajadulce » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Everything looks to be in order now. Had to open a support ticket w/ Lonex (current domain). Apparently Broodwarai.com was using a registrar service they used long ago and the activation keys weren't synced up w/ their current system. The new host has now confirmed the transaction and we are good to go till May 2015.

Only thing left to do is change the nameserver of the domain at the new host and upload all the files/transfer database. Will do that sometime here soon.

The new host will probably not be as fast as this one has been in general, but we will never get shutdown due to "high cpu usage" as we had in the past on a few occasions.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 am

ok, if there is a problem with the new hosting, I could put it on mine although file uploads will be disabled in the forum and only support links to other locations
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm

All is done and we're good till April 2015

New host had a slew of different configurations and so it was just easier to reinstall the board software and import the database. Most everything should work as normal. A few things will have to attend to later tonight.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

huh, ftp is not working. it connects and says i cannot log in :(
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 am

bajadulce wrote:... was just easier to reinstall the board software... Most everything should work... A few things will have to attend to later tonight.
will get to soon. thnx for reminder. The new hosts doesn't like the special characters we were using for the passwords.

[s]Avatars[/s] & pms, I did not bother to transfer as well. We can retrieve if you need.

Also:
I reran the bbcode parser script on the BWAI-Modding forum again and looks like it managed to rebuild all the straggling topics that didn't get fixed the first time around. Am not seeing any now that are "broken".
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Everything looks great! FTP, forum threads, etc., all green!

Thanks bajadulce!
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Hey thnx myk. Had some comp maintenance that demanded attention so have been slacking a bit on the forums, but have time now.

New page to list old attachments:
BWAI.com archives list
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Hmmm, it seems we've lost the `edit` post button again. I remember adding it manually to the theme.
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

What language btw?
found this describing pro-silver theme and langauges/edit button: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p13022357

Today I wrote a small program that went through our download archive folders and renamed all the files to their proper filenames+extensions. The sql database was updated to match these new file names & URL's. What this means is that any old attachment throughout the forums can now be edited to the direct link if so desired. Simply use the URL provided by the Archive file finder or Archive finder list page.

Example:
[attachment=27:Insane_Archons.jpg]
[attachment=2113:PEAI_v1.8.txt]

can just be edited in posts as:
http://www.broodwarai.com/downloads/bwa ... rchons.jpg
^ obviously you would edit an "image attachment" to display as such with img bbcode tag and not as url link
http://www.broodwarai.com/downloads/bwa ... I_v1.8.txt

Edit:
[s]looks like a bit more work is required for the ".scm, .rep, .scx" extensions. Our host doesn't seem to recognize those as downloadable by default and will have to look into.[/s] Fixed by adding a config file to root directory. we be good.

Edit:
[s]A couple of members have complained that they couldn't retrieve their password even after providing the right email? It seems to work for me on the test account I made? very odd. Must be something missing from those accounts.[/s] Solved.

Edit:
see a few old smileys that didn't get converted w/ forum i.e. "dry.gif" and "blink"
also I see a way to globlally update the url's that point to different internal bwai topics
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 am

Yep, that's the button - from the screenshot. I don't see it although I see some other buttons without a tooltip avail. Might be a permission issue as you say.
Lang BE, style: prosilver. These two are the only avail options ATM anyway. What I did a month ago was to edit the prosilver style and add the `edit` link as a text as the img for it was missing.

Return to “Forum Bug Report - Assistance - Suggestions”