PyAI Corrupts My Scripts

Help - Resources - Discussion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pastelmind
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PyAI Corrupts My Scripts

Postby pastelmind » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:17 am

So I'm using Windows 7 Korean with Python 2.6 and PIL, and attempting to create an AI script that works with a custom stat_txt.tbl. Opening and reading AI scripts works fine with both the script version and the EXE version of PyAI. However, after I modify and save a script (e.g. Terran Expansion Custom Level), many of the labels (e.g. TMCx 0026) are converted to TMCx 0000. Thus, trying to edit and save the script a second time results in a "multiple labels found" error. Could this be an encoding/compatibility issue?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:58 pm

It definitely could be since I've never tested any of the programs on Windows 7 (let alone one thats not an english version), or using Python 2.6 (I used 2.5.4 for all my development/usage). Its also possible that its a bug, something like that has happened in earlier versions but should be fixed. Try re-arranging your blocks and/or adding/removing blocks and see if you get better results. Also, what happens when you open one of the default scripts and try and save it with no modifications?
pastelmind

Postby pastelmind » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 pm

pastelmind

Postby pastelmind » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 am

[quote name='poiuy_qwert' post='9957' date='Jan 11 2011, 01:48 AM']Oh, another thing to try; if you are saving with extra information, try without. Its the button on the toolbar, in both the script editor and main window, that's icon is a disk with +i on it. Make sure that it is not pressed in when saving, that might fix the problem.[/quote]

That seems to solve the problem. Thanks!
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:28 pm

I'll be honest. I usually have all the scripts saved as .txt files and import/export as needed, since the labels seem to be a frequent problem and I absolutely need the extra information, otherwise I can't read my own scripts. ;)

Edit: Yikes, this thread is old. :S

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”