COUNTERZERG - an ai by avance70

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
avance70
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

COUNTERZERG - an ai by avance70

Postby avance70 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:21 pm

counterzerg - an ai by avance70

[attachment=231:counterzerg_v0.3.zip]updated 6/27
-rewritten the scripts from scratch
-12hatch exp build order
-still very much in beta - does not develop lair

the plan is to use the ai's ability that sees everything on the map, and try to make a script that will counter you
a bold plan i know, but we'll see if it shows any promise :)
no island support, preferably a "pro" map, and no  plz

the provided exe when started replaces the custom zerg AI so you can play against it if you like ;)
dont worry - the change isnt permanent: if you start the game normally - from the start menu - you will get your old zerg AI back!

p.s. this one is 100% mine, i just keep the original scripts for reference

History[spoiler]v.02.1
-corrected a small bug that could block the game agains protoss ai

v.02updated 6/17
-trying out a more down-to-earth build order (3 hatch before pool was a bit too much!), seems to work nicely
-countering down to minimum i will get to that after polishing the code
-the tech that cpu loves - burrowing - is now developed
-resource management improved, though theres still some fixes neccessary

v1.01updated 6/15
-the almighty 3hatch before the pool build order! crazy
-hydralisk (and mutalisk) support
-problems with spending the money, will get to the bottom of that

v0.1updated 6/13
-initial release, dont bother unless youre a coder!
-only zerglings used
-many problems[/spoiler]
avance70
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby avance70 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:17 am

ok this is one crazy ai update i got here... it just beat 2 protoss cpus :D
well it did take 20 minutes...

if you guys have any Z vs 2cpu plz post here. tnx!
Dreadkillz

Postby Dreadkillz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:16 am

Will test and see. Thnx. Always great to have people post some stuff. Really helps me get some ideas.
avance70

Postby avance70 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:57 pm

ok the newest update

it still replaces the normal zerg ai so you can pit it against any cpu or play against it in ffa or melee

notes:
-no island support, preferably a "pro" map, and no  plz
-the ai has only some basic countering strategies and dont use a lot of different units (ling, hydra and muta) - the main build order - that will be something like 12 hatch 11pool 13hatch - is still missing because im working to implement it nicely
-it really masses good i like it, but sometimes (not always) it gets confused and stops building units for a while. i really have no idea why - check out the provided reply and see if you can help me out here!

though, even if it does get confused in this replay, it is still a nice watch, because the Z kicks 2P cpu butts ;)
avance70

Postby avance70 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 am

ok got a new update for you
of course this is still the test phase. so im trying out a build orded that is more competitive against real players... 3hatch is way out there, so i devised a new 9hatch build. its working out quite nicely.

included in the rar are replays of Z vs 2P so you can all see whats my ai capable of ;)

it kills 1 terran in all replays i have (usually with ling only, but sometimes hydra + muta)
didnt try against 2 terran cpu yet!

here's one that wouldn't go down without a fight ;) see the amount of units!
avance70

Postby avance70 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:47 am

tnx :D
i had the bug that would lock up the game against protoss
i made it check out if there are two protoss oponnents - in the early game the ai would check if there is a zealot and a forge present - and because its early in the game it can only mean that there are 2P :) i only forgot to stop that check and it got lock up checking ;)
Quietdeath

Postby Quietdeath » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:39 pm

I tried the AI (v0.2.1) against 2 protoss enemies and witnessed a major freeze of the AI. I have sent replay via pm.
avance70

Postby avance70 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:21 pm

thank you very very much for this replay. ive never seen my ai misbehave like this!
i dont know why it stops building the army (and get to 7000 minerals!) but we'll get to the bottom of that.
is that what you meant by "freeze"?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”