AdAstras AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Hello. I have visited this forum many times but never registered until now. I did so just to say how awesome this mod is. It is so different and I love it. :) :wub: :D

I played 2 games on normal difficulty (v1.1) and they were perfect for someone like me who didn't know the mod at all. :D The first game the computer rushed me with firefly, but I was able to stop them from killing my base by leading them away with a tender like you do if you get 4pool rushed by the Zerg comp. (Starcraft Ai is so dumb :( ). I lost the game but it lasted almost a full hour. The second game they didn't rush at all but I lost too only because I was careless and wasted all of my units trying to force a win. That game lasted almost 40 minutes.

The no-cd kit worked great for me and is so great! I hate having to fetch my cd every time I get the sudden urge to play a game. :P How can I make that work for other mods here too?

[quote name='FlyingHat' post='3201' date='Mar 21 2008, 08:18 AM']Holy shitery[/quote]
Ya my thoughts exactly! I look forward to future updates and playing this alot. :)
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:39 pm

[quote name='ashara' post='3195' date='Mar 20 2008, 02:31 PM']Cancelling the upgrading of a defense position destroyed the previous building.[/quote]
IIRC this was the case with the original mod as well.
ashara

Postby ashara » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:05 pm

That's possible I never played the original mode :roll:
It just surprised me a bit.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote name='ashara' post='3195' date='Mar 20 2008, 02:31 PM']I couldn't repair the command platform.[/quote]The command platforms aren't repairable in the original as well it appears. I just checked.

Everything seems 100% identical to the original mod, except for the inability to repair things by right-clicking with the tender. That and all the "ranks" are missing?
FlyingHat

Postby FlyingHat » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Nominated this for mod night at Maplantis. Be prepared for some feedback. :P
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:17 pm

First of all,hello everyone. Great mod,I love it but in multiplayer I discovered that Lifting off a vanguard platform will cause all players to drop in multiplayer. I really like Vanguards but now they're just expensive border defense and factories.

Oh and another thing,The Onyx Magus Tyrant doesn't have any abilities.
XzxFlamerxzX

Postby XzxFlamerxzX » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 am

[quote name='ShadowyMOON' post='3213' date='Mar 22 2008, 06:13 PM']The Onyx Magus Tyrant doesn't have any abilities.[/quote]Must be some grafting error.

This is a great AI mod! Keep up the good work!
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:03 pm

I just played 2 games today, on Normal I think. I lost them both, because I tried strats that simply didn't work out (proxy deep outpost push and no-exp, mass-trader eco model). The AI seems weaker early and mid game, probably because there are no more nukes (or I simply get used to it ;) ). Its offense is spread out on several smaller strikes rather than a single massive assault and it sends in reinforcements directly which is very much human-like, I really liked it. It moves faster to late game and tier-3 units (Onyx and Tiamat units) but it manages them poorly - I took out a 6 Onyx+2 Tiamat force with just a few embars, Draconi and Wyverns! (and I really cheesed that part of the game). My suggestion is to add some low-tier units as support for the late-game forces, because even though very strong, lone high-tier group are extremely vulnerable to Draconi and their Lockdown (it's my unit-of-choice mid-game and the main support unit late-game). From what I know about AI scripting it is not an easy thing to do, because the AI just sends its units regardless of their movement speed, but I wanted to let you know.

I also like the new harassing bit. Even though essentially pointless, it adds up to the game's dynamics and makes you feel the pressure, so thumbs up :)

I noticed a minor string error - AI's Tiamat Redeemers are called Vindicators. (and I knew they were Redeemers from their attack).

One more thing - I do not know what may be the cause of this, but I noticed a difference between playing games as "Custom Game" and as self-hosted UDP. Basically, in "Custom Games" the AI was getting things much faster and outplayed me in no time (15-20 minutes or something). I think it may have to do with the game speed, as it affects triggers and such, but even when I set it to fastest I the game didn't feel the same as in a self-hosted UDP game (which is what I do now). Most probably it's just me and I overlooked something, but I wanted to share that.

I will try to check the other AI difficulties sometime soon :)
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:49 pm

I thought you might be interested that the mod is getting some feedback from the SC-Source forums too:
http://www.starcraft-source.com/forums/ind...amp;#entry42144
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:03 am

I just read the shoutbox history. I see you ppl have been playing against the Ai. Any replays? :( What games did you play 2v1? 2v2? 3v1? etc. what difficulty level?

report:
The normal Ai is still pretty hard for me, but only because I am playing stupid I think. It sometimes rushes with fflys and then sometimes they don't come for what seems forever? I like that. There are also times when the Ai goes through long lulls of doing almost nothing sometimes? I looked at the new "normal" script with PYAI and I see you added some huge wait times (like 4000) to the Normal script. It seems easier to exploit the Ai and its 2nd tier base building when the player has advanced units. Better to have them already in place as before? what do you think?

I wish everyone would ease up on the complaining about how "unfair" the Ai is. That must be annoying. I do like varying difficulty levels, and hope all of this can be worked out. I still would like to try a shot at writing an Ai now that all the hard work and kinks have been worked out. :P

Return to “StarCraft Modding”