Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

bajadulce

Re: BWAI.com convert to PhpBB3 status

Postby bajadulce » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 am

Lang BE
I now see that there is a localized "en" folder that contains certain .gifs such as edit button. There's no "be" folder however.

copy/added the "be" folder under styles/prosilver/imageset/ and edited the ACP > Styles > Edit Imagesets > for the localization image files:

There are about 10 buttons in the language folder that you should be seeing now.
\button_pm_forward.gif
\button_pm_new.gif
\button_pm_reply.gif
\button_topic_locked.gif
\button_topic_new.gif
\button_topic_reply.gif
\icon_contact_pm.gif
\icon_post_edit.gif
\icon_post_quote.gif
\icon_user_online.gif
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 am

Still no edit btn...
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Oh.... :?:

Just checked your account out in the SQL database user table and your language is "blank" as are a lot of users. This most likely is a result of converting from the old boards w/o having a field for that record. Adding/editing the "be" folder/settings did nothing for this reason.

EDIT:
Wrote a quick script that updated the entire sql database so that all users now have "en" for their language instead of "blank". Hopefully this is genuinely fixed and don't have to deal w/ editing the board further. *you may have to refresh your browser/page to see change.

* added a simple favicon.ico to the site
* moved poiuy's PyMS from subforum to reg forum. Subforums are just too distracting.
* added some color to stickies to help visually separate from ongoing topics.
krasi0

Re: Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 am

It works great now! Thanks again! :)
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Ok great glad to hear. A lot of little "missing" things like this make a huge impact.

For instance the default PhpBB3 installation user table has ID#'s 3-60 or so dedicated to bots such as google etc. We had to delete all of those before we could import our old forum's data as there would have been conflicts w/ user I.D's (such as my own #1 vs #2 seen throughout boards). We need to add these bots back as new members (#1176ish etc) so we can have a few important bots crawling our site again. Google bot is exceptional and prob only one needed.

example of google bot usefulness:
was trying to locate a file whose location had been edited away in a post. A little digging around google provided a cached snapshot of the page and showed that it was actually an attachment on our site!
google bot cache
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Yeah, googlebot is definitely needed.
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

well crap.. little setback :roll:
I've noticed something fishy when I kept seeing really OLD members such as "EasyChat, Lifestyl, Desciple of Adun, and Entropy" logging onto the boards. This seemed strange and even more strangely that they wouldn't post anything after such a long absence.

There was a "bot" page on the ACP that I refreshed and somehow it removed a few of those old member id's (#3-54) mentioned! HEINERMANN for example was deleted! :shock: . CRAP! I have a local backup forum tho and hopefully can find exactly who was removed. So there must have been additional conflicts w/ the original #3-54 user i.d's that were part of the installation and "bots".

--
edit:
Managed to restore members #3-50 w/ backup. Hopefully the bot cache/conflicts are now completely taken care of.

edit:
Looks like there was an internal config file dedicated to the original 51 bots that were part of the installation. Even tho those bots were deleted from the database and replaced w/ our own members (3-54), the bot "page" still associated member #3-54 as bots. That has been fixed and we should be good to go now.
* re-added 2 bots, Google and Yahoo. There shouldn't be any conflict w/ existing member IDs.
.. I see Google in the online member list right now. That was quick :P

* added a couple bbcode
center
youtube
[spoiler][center][youtube]W4WGQmWcrbs[/youtube][/center][/spoiler]

looking into fixing the "showtopic=" urls and the [font size] issues.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Can we have shoutbox? (or whatever it's called... the website chat)
pek

Postby pek » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:46 am

Quick correction: In the bot list and its dedicated page, StarPlanner's affiliated University is "CITY College, an International Faculty Of The University" ("CITY College" is sufficient) and the country is Greece.

source: I'm the developer :) Thanks for including it.
warwolf30
Site Admin

Postby warwolf30 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 am

Fixed, thanks for pointing it :)

Return to “Forum Bug Report - Assistance - Suggestions”