BWAPI IRC Channel

https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi
clckwrk

BWAPI IRC Channel

Postby clckwrk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:14 am

I thought it would be a good idea. So I went ahead and created a room. It'll be a good place for asking quick questions, supporting each other, bragging, etc.

The program I use for IRC is mIRC, but there's also a browser option, if you're interested.

[s]Until further notice, the chatroom is on Quakenet in #BWAPI.[/s] I'll be hanging around there, keeping the room alive.

The new BWAPI IRC chatroom is now on freenode in #BWAPI.

See you guys there!
dgriff

Postby dgriff » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:28 am

It looks like it'll be just us for a while.

For people that don't know how to use IRC: download the Firefox plugin "chatzilla" and start that up. Then join [s]quakenet[/s] freenode and then type /join #BWAPI

At least that's what I'm do.
lowerlogic

Postby lowerlogic » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:02 pm

[quote name='dgriff' post='8257' date='Nov 17 2009, 09:28 PM']It looks like it'll be just us for a while.[/quote]

Just as an update to anyone who hasn't checked out the IRC channel yet, it has grown to about 15-20 people on at any given time, so its a pretty active place now and a great way for chatting with other AI programmers.
Drachlen

Postby Drachlen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Even if you're new or not sure where to start, definitely jump in the chat.

A lot of helpful, friendly folks.

And we've already began playing our AI's against each other, so lots of fun to be had.

Come on in!
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Really? Post some replays. ;D
Drachlen

Postby Drachlen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Me vs Causation from his viewpoint.

He's playing a Zerg rush strategy, while I'm playing a Protoss that builds Gateways/Zealots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-CgvLM7pE

With a bit of improvement in my unit decision making, I think I could have fended him off better, and got myself ahead.

Though, at the same time, as Causation said after the match, if his Zerglings had done better targeting, they would have done much better as well.

We also played a 1v1v1 match, me Causation, and Brullig, but no one recorded that match. I saved the replay, which should be attached to this post.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey I've been wondering, is it possible to have a bot send revision updates to the chat when a new revision of BWAPI has been submitted?

Also could you set the channel topic to something just to make it seem a little more lively?
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Note: The IRC will be moved to freenode in #BWAPI.

Return to “BWAPI (wrappers in other languages / questions and announcements related to BWAPI itself)”