Unleaded AI 3.3 Full Non-cheating AI (Updated 2/23/10)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Here's a replay me vs Premium Zerg. It's really weird because the Zerg didn't remake any overlords. Why?
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:14 am

Hmm, how come this stuff never happens when I'm playing it? :P It appears to have crashed when it built a hive and just never recovered. I've been hoping it doesn't happen much, but it occasionaly does this crap once in a while kinda like how blizzard's AI breaks on BGH, lol.

One thing I've always had trouble with this AI is that it in rare cases softlocks when it tries to go hive. All zerg scripts besides Myk ones do this, and I never really learned how to handle it. The zerg script is actually a lot less complex than the terran and protoss ones, but is the most prone to severely failing.

Upon a second look, I think it's because the hive buildings have a higher priority and it's screwing it up.

If it happens again, and I can try to tweak it a little. Overall, I feel that messing with priorities does more damage than it helps.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Made some small changes to address recent issues to Premium AIs

Terran:
Fixed the AI from breaking if script names in BWAIlauncher wasn't checked

Zerg:
Reduce priority of drones/late game buildings to reduce the chance of it locking up; some changes to zvt.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 pm

It's nice to see an update in your thread, Archon_Wing. It brings back some good memories.

Any chance we'll see more updates to your awesome AI from now on? ;)

===

And yeah, the Zerg AI can really be difficult when it acts that way. I've been scripting a bit last week and even just a few lines made a negative impact. Really frustrating at times.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:52 am

Probably not; it's too time consuming and I don't play Brood War anymore. We also have the BWAPI thing, but there doesn't seem to be a publicly available bot that is easily set up. But once in a while this is fun to look at.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”