Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

bajadulce

Re: BWAI.com convert to PhpBB3 status

Postby bajadulce » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Ok let's give this a whirl and see what happens. :?

• New Banner w/ Registration Security Answer embedded
  • Registrants that get past this question and valid email etc now move straight into the member pool (don't have to be "approved")
  • Removed the corny "I'm not a bot" process/forum.

Please don't hesitate to suggest a better Slogan/Answer (or even banner for that matter altogether) than the one you see. It is just something for the moment.

Edit:
Looks like we're going to need to reconfigure the html and the way that question is displayed on the registration page. It's completely crammed into a little side bar. Needs to be more legible and span across more. Will try to get to later tonight.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 am

The registration process now looks better indeed. :)
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Alright great thnx. Hope it works out.

Guess I'll start the process now of transferring over to the new prepaid host that was discussed. I have plenty of practice now setting up this website. Transferring shouldn't be too difficult...
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Right. Just make an SQL export (through phpmyadmin for example) and import it through phpmyadmin on the other hosting. Not sure about attached files though
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:30 pm

I requested an EPP authorization key to transfer the domain over to the other host. So it's possible the site will be down for awhile while changes take place. Rest assured I have everything backed up as it is right now and there shouldn't be any complications.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 am

Maybe move the forum DB and files to a temp domain pointing to the new hosting and when it's working, change the DNS?
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Had to change the forums config.php file to "localhost" from "supremecenter48.com". No idea why they never sent me anything telling about this nor what is happening w/ the domain transfer. All 3 activation keys provided by supremecenter to transfer domain have been rejected. Prob have to call them on the phone here soon.

Edit:
Looks like someone has already corrected the PyMS, attach_fetch, and download tracker page.

FTP users:
change "supremecenter48.com" to "broodwarai.com"
Myk

Postby Myk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 am

I haven't seen anything weird. FTP works. Everything else fine?
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

haven't transferred site yet. Am having difficulty with the domain transfer and activation code. Either the target host is not reading the key right or the host isn't sending the correct key. Possibly I'm entering the key wrong.. dunno but have tried several times without any success. Prob have to open a support ticket here soon. The transfer transaction is only good for 30 days.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

So the new hosting is okay and the issue is just the domain name transfer to the new hosting's IP address?

Return to “Forum Bug Report - Assistance - Suggestions”