Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 am

Not sure who turned the board offline. Maybe Heinermann. The guys are right at it was close to unresponsive at times during last 1-2 days (maybe it was hosting's fault - idk) and having other issues again as well... Anyway, I've turned it back on for the time being.
Moving ALL of the current forum data to a new software sounds close to impossible. I don't know of such an automation script and I have no idea how long it'll take to write one. I too, don't posses unlimited time to deal with this. I am just trying to revive what's left. What I was thinking, at least for the BWAPI subforum, is to just copy / paste by hand the contents of the most important topics (probably not more than 5-10%) and pruning the rest. I guess the same would be applicable to the other subforums, too. Plus we could keep a link to the current IPB in readonly mode at a back up location, say /oldforum/... or smth so that anyone could find and recreate old topics if necessary.
Well... Please advise...
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Yes I turned it offline, and disabled images and turned on performance mode hoping that one of these would stop it, but no luck.

@bajadulce The system is already compromised in some way, since there is some malware that tries to load a massive amount of data from some unrelated websites (see loading URLs in status bar).

I'm in favor of krasi0's suggestions.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Alright, we've copied manually a few topics from the current forum to http://bwapi.krasi0.com/
Please pinpoint any other important topics that you want to see preserved or even better, register there (with admin approval) and copy the contents of such topics in the relevant subforum. Once the process is completed, we'll either move the phpBB3 forum to this domain (broodwarai.com) or keep going on with the new one
bajadulce

Re: BroodWarAI no longer an attack site

Postby bajadulce » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Conversion Update:

As you can see was able to modify/import the old sql database somewhat last night. The posts are all jacked up and the member's password encryption wasn't transferable as well. Members will have to ask for a new one sent to their email.... if email even works.

Priority:
Need to fix/configure the current membership's email so that they can reset their passwords.

Look into parse post content (line spacing, general bbcode, etc)
krasi0

Re: BroodWarAI no longer an attack site

Postby krasi0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm

ok, I've managed to reset my password. Now I'll see what I can do about reset password functionality and I'll check if registering a new account really requires admin approval because this is for important for forum security

Again thanks and very good job, bajadulce! You saved the forum again. :)
bajadulce

Re: BroodWarAI rebuild status

Postby bajadulce » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Email should be working now. Members should be able to email themselves requests for new passwords/activate accounts... provided they know the email they signed up with.

Will try to get poiuy's stuff back up + BWAILauncher as well as try to begin a game plan to fix/parse the jacked up posts.
Myk

Re: BWAI.com convert to PhpBB3 status

Postby Myk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

A lot of attachement links are broken. There's a few that are important, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65
But there's also some like MK's scripts and Queen of Blades Zerg AI that really should be played via the launcher rather than using an old executable. So, I think it might be sane to do something like I did with my topic, here.

This new software seems to pay attention to BBCode nesting, so pay attention to that. And "[code]" boxes have a nice scrollbar and text selection link, so a few of the spoiler'd texts might be safely unspoiler'd. :)

Are the attachements still accessible? Even some of the 'direct links' are borked, like http://www.broodwarai.com/images/Insane_archons.jpg
Edit: I found an old copy of some insane archons on the old, old forum. :D
Hey look, avatars.

There's a lot of threads to go clean up, but there's some special and high priority ones:
1. Tools
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=489
Issues: URLs per post limit, should be stickied

2. Firegraft
viewtopic.php?p=10081#p10081 - this post hits the character limit...
viewtopic.php?p=10516#p10516 - and again, jeez, Heinermann
FireGraft thread done! It just needs an actual FireGraft file now - anyone got one?

3. BWAI War
Eye scream.
Pausing here: viewtopic.php?p=7145#p7145
Issues: Can't nest spoiler tags, so just gotta keep things simple.

4. Entropy - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525
Unstarted.

5. Unleaded - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=467
The first post is missing. I hope we can fix that somehow.
Unstarted.
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Thnx Myk for the extended list of things to check out. makes it easy finding problems.

The old attachments and data is all still there on the old forums, but it is quarantined at this time. Will try to come up w/ a way for users to gain access to them again.

@images folder and direct links:
I realize that some very permanent urls have been spread out there on the community boards and are now broken due to the new forum format. Will try to resurrect important links so they remain intact.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 pm

lol @ Heinermann's posts.

I fixed up some of the forums in BWAPI, but it takes a bit of time ;)

EDIT: who is joeadmin?

EDIT2: Happy New Year!~~~

Return to “Forum Bug Report - Assistance - Suggestions”