Forum bug report - assistance - suggestions

bajadulce
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BWAI.com convert to PhpBB3 status

Postby bajadulce » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am

Thnx Taranok for all the help. It's probably best to just leave the "broken" posts as they are for now. Am working on some php scripts that will hopefully fix most of the posts.

I wrote some code tonight that fixes AND parses posts as follows:
* fixes all the weird line spacing
* fixes link urls so display properly
* fixes most bbcode including most smilies

will test parsing a few topics on my local backup and see how it goes tomorrow. Am really tired right now and would screw it up.

Old attachments:
I created this page/script as a temp solution:
http://www.broodwarai.com/index.php?page=archives or you'll see link on page.
Taranok
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Taranok » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 am

I think there are still problems with excess spaced lines?

, and even other places in the thread too.
bajadulce

OOOOOOOPS but in a good way! :)

Postby bajadulce » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Oooops! what happened to the posts??? :)
Luckily I had a recent Jan5th copy stored.

Before re-uploading the backed up post table, I ran the bbcode parser that have been working on for the past few days for the entire forum. Basically ALL posts are now "fixed" w/ the current updates we've been discussing such as goofy line spacing, broken urls, smilies, spoiler, etc, etc. However this is a 2 part process. The 2nd part is rebuilding the posts which is similar to manually "opening a post, clicking edit, and then submit".

This rebuilding function of the process hasn't been run yet because for every topic's first post, it requires a "subject" field. Something that wasn't part of the old boards data. If we were to run this "rebuild" function right now, all the topics w/o subjects on that first post would show up as empty fields in the topic list.

So am in the midst of writing some code that replaces the first post's "subject" w/ the corresponding topic's "title" and then we can run that script to update all the posts.

... in the meantime, now if you were to manually edit any post, ALL the necessary changes in the current bbcode fixes should be already taken care of and will auto correct themselves by simply hitting submit.
Myk

Re: OOOOOOOPS but in a good way! :)

Postby Myk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 am

Is this broken? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=467&start=300 There's a few others like that too. :/
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 am

just fixed it. all I had to do was "open" that particular post w/ the edit button and then submit it w/o doing anything. :D
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am

ya just opening the "broken" threads and closing them will fix em. :)

That error is common for the last post on a page as the "text" in the post isn't processed by the boards yet. It's just raw text in the sql database.

I'm getting closer to completing my code to replace "subject" with "topic title" for all the 1st posts that are lacking one. Prob would have been faster just to add them manually :lol: . After that happens, we're golden and can go ahead and use the parse script.

Pretty basic simple php stuff probably. Fetching the data isn't a problem, but am struggling a bit w/ the necessary loop structure/syntax. Think I'm getting closer tho.
bajadulce

Why can't everybody on the internet SURF!

Postby bajadulce » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm

bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 am

Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 am

Yay! Looks like forums should be almost back to normal, right?

hehe, december 2012 wasn't the end of the world, just the end of the old broodwarai.com
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 am

That Mayan calendar thing? I was pretty scared myself. :sleep:

Looks like quite a few topics in the middle of Forum #5 (projects), didn't get parsed. Maybe they timed out during the process. Will look into in the coming days.

Return to “Forum Bug Report - Assistance - Suggestions”