ProTRG v1.1

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm

It works for me, its used in the example triggers.protrg included with ProTRG. How does it "not compile"? Is there an error in the generated file or in stdeo.txt?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 pm

No location will have the same name in every map. The Anywhere global and being able to use a number id to reference the locations is just a convenience if your map has the "Anywhere" location and locations named in the format "Location #". For most cases people will have custom location names in their map, so they'll have to use those in ProTRG. You can also always redefine Anywhere in your code.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9138' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:11 PM']Well this is all obvious now that the problem has been resolved, but for ppl who aren't as familiar with mapping and unaware of the "location 63" thing, it can be really confusing as to why SCMDraft would give such an error with code that looks perfectly fine.[/quote]
ProTRG knows nothing about the maps the triggers are designed for, its up to the mapper to know which locations he has, there is nothing ProTRG can do about that. The Anywhere location is probably the only location that will give problems like this (since people assume Anywhere is always Anywhere, when its really just any other location), and SCMDraft's crappy error reporting doesn't help the situation.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9138' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:11 PM']Using the "replace" feature in notepad, I am able to change the code for importing into different maps. I still don't understand why some maps use "Anywhere" and others "location 63". And I don't see a way to change this in the map editor. So this is just something ppl will have to keep an eye out for. Tho I imagine most experienced mappers would recognize this without even thinking about it.[/quote]
I don't believe StarEdit let you change the Anywhere location, but SCMDraft does. Thats why not all maps have location 63 automatically named "Anywhere". You can change a locations name by double clicking the location or pressing enter when the location is selected.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Np, and thanks :)

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9151' date='Jan 28 2010, 03:59 PM'][quote name='poiuy_qwert' post='9148' date='Jan 28 2010, 12:07 PM']I don't believe StarEdit let you change the Anywhere location, but SCMDraft does.[/quote]How do you do this? I'd like to always use the same string for this location for all of my maps. I don't see how to change this as it isn't a "physical" location on the map. There some other menu tab or something that lets you edit location names other than "clicking" on the location itself? Kinda a mapping question, sorry.[/quote]
You have to create 64 locations, the 64th location is the Anywhere location (its "Location 63" since SCMDraft uses 0 based names). Until you do that the Anywhere location will be hidden, be the size of the map, and have the name "Anywhere".
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9473' date='Mar 9 2010, 02:46 PM']Been using the program a lot over the past few weeks and have a question:

I'd like to display the following text message

Code: Select all

Display Text Message(Always Display, "rnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnx013x006TRANSCENDENT PATH INITIATED HERE!");

I tried this in protrg as:

DisplayTextMessage(SubtitleDisplay, "rnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnTRANSCENDENT PATH INITIATED HERE!")

NOTE: I replaced line 258 in source with the said fix you described in earlier post btw.

But am getting this?

Display Text Message(Don't Always Display, "<13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10>TRANSCENDENT PATH INITIATED HERE!");
   Preserve Trigger();

And if I try

DisplayTextMessage(SubtitleDisplay, "rnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnx013x006TRANSCENDENT PATH INITIATED HERE!")

I get:

Display Text Message(Don't Always Display, "<13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10><13><10>SOH3NUL6TRANSCENDENT PATH INITIATED HERE!");

So I must be doing something terribly wrong.[/quote]
Hmm, I didn't know SCMDraft supported rn, do the <13><10>
s work correct (should if SCMDraft supports TBL formatting like it should)? The only problem I see is x013 and x006. I dunno why SCMDrafts supports more but the x## format only takes two digits after the x, so you are creating x01 3 x00 6, which turns out to be "SOH" 3 "NULL" 6. It should be either x13x06 or <13><06>.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9473' date='Mar 9 2010, 02:46 PM']Also note that SubtitleDisplay is compiling as "Don't Always Display". Is that correct and what command do I need to use for Always Display? Maybe I'm just missing something in your trigger.protrg sample.[/quote]
Yeah "Don't Always Display" is correct, the other value should be AlwaysDisplay, but check the reference/supply an obviously invalid value to get an error to see what values are correct.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9473' date='Mar 9 2010, 02:46 PM']One other question, what does the 2nd value "0" in the following represent?

PlayWAV("soundMiscBuzz.wav", 0)

Also Protrg is compiling the above as:

Play WAV("soundMiscBuzz.wav", 0);

and SCMDraft is reporting an error. Seems SCMDraft wants the double slash.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure its "length of WAV", but I don't think its used.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”