PyDat

Help - Resources - Discussion
ascension1223

PyDat

Postby ascension1223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 am

First of all, wow what an awesome package and thanks for doing this! I've been playing around with the .dat editor and run into some problems. I'm trying to make a basic zerg tweak where I set drones to zero cost/supply and free hatcheries. I then save the mpq as a self-run exe, and open it up. I can't actually get into any of the campaigns first of all, (the menu for mission select comes up, but when i click a mission it just closes the mission select window) and the second issue is that the game won't let me build hatcheries on the creep post-change. Any help would be great on this!
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

For the first problem, I'm 90% sure its not a PyDAT problem. Are you using No-CD by copying the CD's Install.exe's to your SC folder and renaming them to Starcraft.mpq and Broodwar.mpq? I believe this happened to me when I tried to play the vanilla campaign with the No-CD stuff, but the only way to do it was remove Broodwar.mpq from the StarCraft folder. I think SC gets confused about which game you are trying to play if you have both mpq's in the SC folder, and it cant load the vanilla campaign because its looking in Broodwar.mpq instead of Starcraft.mpq.

The second problem could be caused by a problem in PyDAT, or just be a result of something you changed in your dat file. What did you edit in the dat file exactly? And could you attach the dat file in question so I can have a look?

Thanks for the report!
ascension1223

Postby ascension1223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

No I just got the best buy battle chest version and re-installed it, which it forced me to install broodwar and sc together, immediately following I patched it with the latest version. All I'm doing is opening pydat, changing the cost of drone/scv/probe to be no supply cost or mineral cost, saving it as an exempq, then running the game. The single-player skirmishes work in the original sc, but not the campaign, in brood war I can do everything. So what is the primary issue? That sc is getting confused on which mpq? I'm a new to modding so you will have to excuse me for not being able to provide you with a lot of technical data.
ascension1223

Postby ascension1223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Yea the issue about the hatchery had to do with cost, If I set the cost to zero it wouldn't allow me to build on creep, but if it was 25 minerals it would. I also can't seem to be able to make protoss zealots free because then the game says they need an infinite amount of gas afterwards, but it isn't a big issue. Thanks for the help Ill try the cd swap.
ascension1223

Postby ascension1223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Hmm, the cd in the drive did not fix the issue, I still can't play the original campaign with the modded exe.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Yea, I've had the same problem here. But the thing is I can play the vanilla campaigns normally by coping the cd file and renaming it starcraft mpq just not with any of the modded exe
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri May 15, 2009 7:50 am

The list of sfxdata entries is the same as from DatEdit (since thats where i got it from), and they are just labeled by the "Sound File" they pointed to in the original dats. The entries with duplicate labels use the same sound file, they just have different settings for the unknowns (Heinermann explained some of the unknowns in thread). Some of the duplicates have (#) or [#] to indicate which one they are (since this list was made by hand, by BK im guessing, it looks like there are some minor inconsistencies and errors).

The newest version of PyMS (1.2.0 with PyDAT 1.10) plays the correct sound, you probably need to upgrade.

Thanks!

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”