PyCrashes - Vista

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Even with the part I told you to add after it? I'm fairly certain whats happening is when you open the new file it sets the selected unit to 0, but then as it switches units it saves the old one, but the "self.id" is set to 0 so it saves the data over the marine. I might be home later today and might be able to check it out for sure and give a fix, if not then you'll have to stick with DatEdit or using workarounds till i get back from my trip. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Hydrolisk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Wait, what? Is something wrong?

PyDAT worked perfectly when I added the lines of code you gave me AND deleted the "self.id = 0".
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Ah ok, i misinterpreted what you said. Glad it works!
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 am

Aw crap. The weapons.dat files aren't saved to what they've been changed to. The file itself saves, but all the values are always reset back to their defaults. This is highly noticeable: when I changed Needle Spines to 9 damage, the moment I clicked on the Save button and the "Pick File to Save" dialog box came up, the 9 changes back to a 10.

Is this still just Windows Vista being stupid and incompatible with PyMS, or is this starting to extend into other OS's?

EDIT
Oh wait, the Weapons tab's situation is even worse. If I make a change to weapon A, highlight a different weapon, and then go back to weapon A, weapon A still has default stats. It's as if I never made the change in the first place.
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:42 am

Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 am

Man, you did a good job with these tools. I can tell since I practically regret modding with all my other current modding tools. I shall continue to seek bugs in PyDAT and PyICE.

You should make a PyMacro that is like the "Links" thing in DatEdit. That would be so convenient and amazing. Especially since a lot of modders seem to have no idea how the Hell they organize their own modding folders... << , >>
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like them. One thing I would love you to look for other then bugs is inconsistencies and annoyances. For example, in earlier versions when opening the Find dialog the "Find" text entry was not selected, and pressing the Enter key did not act as clicking the Ok button. Things like this really piss me off but I don't get enough time to do in depth tests to find them. Anyway, thanks again!

I've been thinking of making something like that, but I currently have no definite plans for it, though I want to do it at some point.
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 am

Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:06 am

Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 am

NEW VERSION, WHERE (That was it, I just had to download the new version. I think all of PyMS crashes because of the new window thing. Should I disable the trace on all? Of course, then I think you wouldn't get traces at all, but...)

Here is an inconsistency: When I hit the maximize button on a PyMS, close it, and then reopen it, it doesn't start out as Maximized. As in, the little box things in the top right corner of the window doesn't have two little boxes to denote than that window is maximized, and pressing the little windows will make the window maximized.

Wow, that was some bad explaining.

EDIT:
Here's an inconsistency: AI Actions tab of PyDAT. Attack Move drop-menu field: seems really buggy, or displays incorrectly. The value of the field itself never changes, but when I click between units that have different Attack Move fields, the field displays different values. Again, the value itself is still normal, it's just that they display different things.

EDIT2:
Scratch that, that entire tab is volatile.
Thank you for your time.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”