PyCrashes - Vista

Help - Resources - Discussion
Hydrolisk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PyCrashes - Vista

Postby Hydrolisk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 am

It appears that PyMS likes to crash when I try to use the source. I'm trying to run the programs on Windows Vista. I have Active Python 2.6.1.1, but it's based upon Python 2.6.1.

PyDat crashes when I try to go into the Weapons, Sprites, Upgrades, and Techdata tabs. All PyMS files crash when I click on "About PyMS."

In all crashing cases, 2 or 3 windows pop-up before the Py[Editor] crashes. However, the windows are fleeting, and there is no way that I can detect what was actually being displayed inside the windows (in fact, their insides appear to be transparent).

Ending this post on a brighter note, the EXE version of PyMS does not crash. This leads me to suspect two scenarios: a corrupt PyMS ZIP file (which I can fix with a re-download and extraction) or a messed of [Active?]Python (a.k.a. I will uninstall Active Python and install regular Python 2.6.1).

-

Attempting to replace ActivePython with regular Python.
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:20 am

Hmm, im not fully sure but I'm guessing its something to do with your Python version. The EXE doesn't have the problem because its packaged with python25.dll (25 as in 2.5), and doesn't rely on the version installed on your computer. Installing the newest normal (i don't know what ActivePython is) Python 2.5.x version should work since thats what I do my testing on, though the 2.6.x series should work since its supposedly only a bugfix update. One thing you can do for me is check Libsstdeo.txt to see if an error is printed there. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the report!
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 am

Ahh, gotta love user error.

Taking your suggestion, I had installed Python 2.5.4 and later installed PIL for 2.5.x. So NOW it works perfectly. Excellent!

You and you're PyMS are amazing. HAIL POIUY_QWERT!
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 am

Glad you were able to get it working, and thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to help!
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 am

Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 am

I believe I've already fixed that bug, it will come out in the next version (which i'll release very soon). Thanks!
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:00 am

Just to help with development of this project, there appears to be some instability in PyICE. And I'm quite certain that you already know that PyICE doesn't like saving custom headers and comments, unlike IceCC.
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:30 am

Instability? The only thing I know about is a crash caused by commands referencing flingy's (and no defaults scripts have those commands). Please explain.

PyICE doesn't save custom headers and comments when you "Save" a script in the script editor, because it saves it into the iscript.bin (compiles it, so your headers and comments are gone). If you want to save the headers and comments use Export, Export As, and Import As (they act as Save, Save As, and Open for txt files). Also if you like how IceCC compiles multiple files through a list, you can use list importing, which can be accessed by the Import a List of Files toolbar button (or Ctrl+L).
Hint: You don't have to select anything in the lists to get to the Script Editor. Once an iscript.bin has been opened just click the Edit IScript Entries toolbar button (or Ctrl+E) to open an empty Script Editor where you can create, paste, and/or import scripts.
Note: All of the above (except the bug part) is true for PyAI too
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 am

By instability, I mean that PyICE has a tendency to close itself randomly while I'm working, particularly when I'm saving the file and copying and pasting text.

Thanks for the hints and notes!

And there definitely needs to be a "Select All" button of PyICE.
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 am

There have been reports of that going on with PyAI, and so far it looks like a Tkinter problem (the GUI toolkit PyMS is built on top of). When these mysterious closings happen check Libsstdeo.txt for an error and post it up if there is one.

Select all for the lists? You really want to decompile all the scripts? I'll add it though if its useful.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”