PYICE

Help - Resources - Discussion
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Oh yeah. Don't use the new iscripts with icecc. Use 1.10 or lower (the default). They cause problems; I'd be surprised if they compiled at all as they always threw me some vague error probably related to blizzard changing the format to "fix" drone floating a while back.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed May 20, 2009 5:29 am

Normally I would try to help you solve this but right now I am totally burned out and exhausted with modding. It's going to take everything I have just to finish the last things in AO and get it out the door once and for all.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='6486' date='May 20 2009, 01:08 AM']For the record I had to add the scripts one at a time with PyICE. Whenever I tried to import a list of files I got the following error.[/quote]
Ah yeah this has been fixed for next version. Thanks.

And you said the same problem occurs with PyICE as does with IceCC?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:47 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7914' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:06 AM']I spent the entire evening using PyIce for some test units I am working on and the program worked great and there isn't much to report on. I especially find the Unit ID column extremely useful. Don't even know why I would use any other column. Being able to open an entry without extracting it is a really really useful feature as well.[/quote]
Yeah the iscript ID column missing in IceCC always pissed me off :P

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7914' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:06 AM']One bug to report that you are surely aware of and that is the "editor" suffers from that same problem PyAI does in that if you run Starcraft and then return to PyIce, it will crash if you try to open an entry. Leaving one open at all times seems to solve this for the most part, but I still experienced a few crashes even with this method. Dunno why this happens and am sorry this has been such a hard one to find a workaround.[/quote]
Well like with PyAI its not my fault and there isn't really anything I can do. It's a problem with the GUI toolkit that PyMS is built on top of. One version of PyMS I attempted to fix the problem by just upgrading Python (including the GUI toolkit that comes with it) but that actually made things a lot worse since at least half the people could no longer run it at all.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7914' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:06 AM']The import all function is now working since my last post back in May, and that's how I was using the program. Notepad working on scripts, Import all function, test, etc.[/quote]
Weird... I'll have to look into that, I remember it worked for sure and I don't recall ever touching it after.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7914' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:06 AM']I see a couple of odd spelling for unit entries, but it really isn't significant to bother with. Like Iscript ID #349 for instance.[/quote]
I took the lists from IceCC and DatEdit so I don't really know :/ You can also change them if you want by going to PyMS/Libs/Data folder. Also in the newest version of PyICE I added the option to rename (in file not globally) the entries. Its not really that useful, but it will change the name of the entry in the Iscript ID list and the name prepended to labels when extracted (and its saved in the iscript.bin in a way that wont break sc/icecc). I believe all you have to do is put "##Name: <putnamehere>" somewhere in the header (between .headerstart and .headerend).

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7914' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:06 AM']Great program. I can't imagine how much work it must have been to put together. Pretty damn impressive. I use it all the time to extract scripts as well as view scripts as locating them is a breeze.[/quote]
Thanks, it was no work at all, only fun ;) :P
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Haha my bad :P

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”