PYICE

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Just so you know the GRP Previewer in the current public version is REALLY slow with some units (you probably dont want to view the lurker :S), but it is already fixed for the next version. Sorry if it gets in your way, and I hope you don't find any bugs :P
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey, I was wondering if you could add an option to change the number of animations and reading the entries as a buffer overflow(checkbox?). This way we can see what is valid for disabled/enabled states and actions, and possibly fix them for Battle.net compatibility. The only editor right now that lets me do that is ICE, which is somewhat buggy(crashes program if opcodes run past end of file, and crashes on certain invalid opcode parameters).
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:28 pm

I'm not really sure what you mean, can you elaborate?
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:09 pm

For example. ICE has a tab to modify the number of animations in the iscript; but it does not resize the header.
The result of this is "invalid" or buffer overflow script pointers.

Starcraft reads these overflow scripts for the Set Doodad State trigger.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Sorry but I still don't really understand :S. Did you mean in ICE if you edit the "Type" part in the "Entry Header" tab it doesn't actually resize the header? So the header will have 27 animations in the compiled file even though the Type dictates it should only have 15 or something? If thats what you are talking about well im not really sure how i'll be able to do that, got any suggestions?
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Use Set Doodad State on a Terran Marine in a custom map.
The reason why the Terran Marine does what it does, and the reason why some units crash and others don't, is because Starcraft reads the "Disable Doodad State" iscript entry, even if it doesn't exist.

But nevermind, I can manually set the types. Although your program may crash because of the overflows.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok, thats what i thought. It shouldn't crash my program but they will be stripped from the file when you save. I might be able to add this, we'll see.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:52 am

Its because both scripts reference the same code

Code: Select all

NAME:
   wait              125
   goto              NAME

Since the zerg script is decompiled first the block gets the "Zerg" prefixed to it, and the Terran script just references it.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”