PyMS Windows EXE's (v1.2.1)

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

PyMS Windows EXE's (v1.2.1)

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:12 pm

I have successfully gotten PyMS to compile into exe's via py2exe. So from now on, I should be releasing the exe versions along with the normal updates of PyMS.

Note: Using this does NOT require Python to be install on your computer (the dependencies are pre-compiled into the package), just download and go! The "problem" with that is the file size for PyMS is much bigger, your choice.

Download:
Main PyMS Page
(This is the newest released version of PyMS unless specified otherwise)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:17 pm

In my thanksgiving haste i forgot to include unitdef.txt, and didn't notice PyICE did not work. I just uploaded the fixed zip, so if you are one of the 7 that downloaded the other version you should update.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 am

This has been updated for v1.0.0.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am

v1.1.1 has been released, get it on the main PyMS page! This version fixes many bugs, adds new features, and adds the new program PyPCX. Enjoy!
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:14 pm

There was a version inconsistency in the newest version, it has been fixed and reuploaded with no version change, so if you downloaded it before 6 hours or so ago then redownload.
Lord_Jeremy

Postby Lord_Jeremy » Sun May 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Hey. Just wondering if you ever plan on taking a stab at porting the GUI exe to Mac OS X. If not, I could take a stab at it, depending on what language it's written in. Otherwise I might try writing simple GUI launchers for the python utilities just to make them easier to use. If you prefer to have the GUI remain windows-only, that's alright (I installed Vista on my Macbook for a reason :P). Oh and let me say thank you very much for revitalizing my interest in starcraft modding with this amazing set of utilities. A while ago I started on a project like this but gave up because some things were proving difficult. It's great that you had the ability and desire to actually finish these utilities. Thanks :)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon May 18, 2009 5:18 am

The EXE version is exactly the same as the source version, just compiled to an EXE so windows users don't have to download Python+PIL (Python comes with Macs/Linux). In other words, the GUI's are already usable by Mac users, they just use the source version.
Lord_Jeremy

Postby Lord_Jeremy » Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am

Ah interesting. I assumed you wrote a frontend for each program. I guess that means each program can be compiled into a GUI version for Mac? Or did you use windows-specific libraries? Sorry I know very little about python :P
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Yes every program has a frontend. PyMS is coded in Python which is an interpreted language, so Mac/Linux users can run the programs from the source files as a normal application (since both OS's come with Python). But windows doesn't come with Python, so instead of making windows users download it, I've compiled PyMS+Python+PIL(Python module) into EXE's.
Lord_Jeremy

Postby Lord_Jeremy » Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Would you mind describing the compilation process? I'd love to be able to use the frontend on OS X...

EDIT:
After some poking around, I got the frontends to load when I ran the program from Terminal. However for some reason they close instantly upon loading. Any idea what's going on?

2ND EDIT:
Ah for some reason PyGRP, PyGOT, PyPAL, PyPCX, and PyTILE load properly while the others just close upon launch...

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”