PyMS v1.2.1

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Im not fully sure about all the options either, all I know about Tournament Mode is that the "Ladder" GOT uses it, no idea what it actually does though.

Edit: Just made a GUI for PyLO, only 1 or 2 features left to do for it:

Edit 2: Just an update on PyDAT. When im finished PyDAT i'll be releasing the next beta. All i really need to do is Copy/Paste, possibly "Custom Labels", and previewing Icons and other stuff.

poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:36 am

Ok there we go, new version up containing all GUIs (only program left without one is PyTRG) and various fixes for PyAI and PyGRP.

Edit: I forgot to mention, previewing GRP's in PyDAT is not implemented because there is currently no way to get them from an MPQ.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:46 am

Updates:

I've started to do a more in depth testing of PyDAT (something I never really did before), and have found some issues. Currently PyDAT will corrupt units.dat and weapons.dat when saving. This is a result of incorrect loading and compiling of the entries: StarEditPlacementBoxWidth, StarEditPlacementBoxHeight, AddonHorizontal, AddonVertical, UnitSizeLeft, UnitSizeUp, UnitSizeRight, and UnitSizeDown for units.dat, and MinimumRange, and MaximumRange for weapons.dat. There also seem to be some issues related to the dropdown boxes. All these issues have been fixed for the next release along with various improvements such as icon, unit size, and healthbox previews, plus disabling of things such as Infestation which are restricted to certain unit id's.

Updates for PyTRG are that the next version will support TrigPlug (actually it will be the only editor that supports TrigPlug). TrigPlug is a new FireGraft plugin being developed by FaRTy1billion which adds custom conditions and actions for custom map makers. These will range from changing the speed of the game IN game, to doing math with death counters. Check out TrigPlugs topic here.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 am

Well it saved values in incorrect orders for units.dat and weapons.dat. How did you use PyDAT, was it only the script used to create the different difficulties?

Note: If your files were corrupted, you can always just send them to me and i'll fix them up.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Ok then I think those files might be damaged. They will still run fine, just the startedit placement box, addon positions, and unit dimensions will be all jumbled. If you want to send them to me i'll fix them, or if I have time later i'll download and check them myself.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Yeah I actually don't think this will effect gameplay. The units sizes are wrong, but since all the units are air units it doesn't really matter. And the green placement boxes are controlled by different values, so those arn't effected. The only thing I think might be odd is attack ranges and when you stack air units. Since their sizes are changed, they may be "stacked" when they dont look like it, which would cause them to slowly float apart when they already look like the are apart. Another problem that might happen is if the unit is much bigger or much smaller it can effect the range at which units will target it. Other then that im pretty sure nothing else will happen, especially no crashes.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Not only am I adding support for TrigPlug to PyTRG, I have also finished the GUI for PyTRG. This shot shows the GUI and an example of TrigPlug actions:

Edit: I also would like to mention that, like PyAI, it has full tab-completion on Regular/TrigPlug Condition/Action names, Keywords (like At Least), Unit names, AI Script ID's, AI script names, and variables. It also has hover info, so when you hover over a Regular/TrigPlug Condition/Action a tooltip shows the command, parameters, a description of what it does, then a list of what each type of parameter is. I'm also looking into adding code collapsing, but it will most likely take a large re-write of my code displaying textbox, so it might not happen till a later version.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”