PyMS v1.2.1

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:53 am

There should have been a dialog saying that there is a newer version and you should go update. It had a small bug that made the main window freeze until you pressed the Ok button (fixed the problem in the new version), but it should have been fine after that. Did you not get the dialog at all, just the freeze?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='5743' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:28 AM']I have delayed installing the new version as I was curious to see if my old version would start working due to a change in the online check, but no dice. I really don't agree with this idea that a perfectly working program becomes non-functional with a new update and forces users to download and install something new. Especially something new that hasn't been tested. What if there was a small bug in the new program? Users would have no way to use their older version. I like the notification that a new version exists. I don't like that the notification can't be turned off and that the old files no longer function.[/url][/quote]

Thats why its called a Bug. You could not have fixed the problem yourself.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='5743' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:28 AM']Nonetheless, I have now installed the new PYAI as I hd no other choice and no bugs to report so far and now there is apparently some other windows file I need to download. So i'll have to report back when I get everything working.

EDIT .. ok found what I need in the "docs" folder. I know this seems really obvious to most, but a lot of ppl won't recognize docs as a place to go for help and documentation. PYMS main folder could really use a shortcut to these .html files right in plain view. Something like "HELP.html"

EDIT2.. ok apparently there are some more additional steps I have to do with command window etc, but I don't have the time right now. And the documentation shows that there wasn't any changes to PYAI? All I wanted to do was open up the insane Terran script to answer a question in another forum.

EDIT3.. I downloaded the PIL files, but I was under the impression that this was all I needed. Apparently I also need to have python installed on my computer for this latest version. I recently just reformatted this mini-laptop and it has a minimal number of programs on it. I don't have a use for Python and would rather keep my sleek minimalistic hard drive as it is. I only use PYAI. How do I get the old 1.0 version which is identical to the new pyai to stop checking for a new PYMS?
[b]
EDIT4.. OK, I discovered the windowed version had an update as well. I had forgotten that there were 2 versions.[/quote]

So you downloaded the source version incorrectly? Well the PyMS homepage is the only official place where the download is available, and its not my fault if the person didn't read the link that they pressed. One clearly states its the "Source" version, and right above it it says it requires Python and PIL, while the other is the "Windows EXE" version. (oh, and PyAI did have updates which are listed in the docs)

[quote name='bajadulce' post='5743' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:28 AM']Here's what the documentation for Windows Exe Installation says that is included in the "GUI" version:
Just extract the PyMS folder somewhere on your computer and run the exe's, thats it.
It should read "STOP! PyMs has two versions. The more popular windowed version is available as a different download. Visit pyms home page to download it." :)[/quote]

The documentation assumes you have already downloaded the correct version.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Ah, I though I had done with the first post what I did with the other sites threads (link to main PyMS page), so I'll change that.

The documentation isn't about downloading the program. Why would you download a program to find out where to download the program? With the links all pointing to the main PyMS page there should be no problems except if the user doesn't read what they click.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 am

v1.1.1 has been released, get it on the main PyMS page! This version fixes many bugs, adds new features, and adds the new program PyPCX. Enjoy!
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:14 pm

There was a version inconsistency in the newest version, it has been fixed and reuploaded, so if you downloaded it before 6 hours or so ago then redownload.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 am

PyMS v1.2.0 has been released. Some highlights from the changes are:

General:
-Totally revamped MPQ and settings handling. This also means no PyMS program should ever hog your MPQ's anymore
-On Windows all resizeable programs now save their maximized state between uses
PyAI:
-PyAI now keeps track of your aiscript.bin and bwscript.bin's file sizes and displays them in the statusbar
-The Script Editor now shows at most 5 of the script ID's (that were selected when it was opened) in its title
PyGRP:
-You can now select multiple bmp's to import instead of being stuck with the "same name" mechanic (which PyGRP uses for the command line bmp to grp conversions)
-Added a "Transparent Index" option (like SFGrpConv) to choose which index in the palette will be used for transparency (can only be changed when a GRP is not open)
-You no longer need to specify if you are loading an uncompressed grp, only if you are saving to one
PyICE:
-The IScript Editor now shows at most 5 of the script ID's (that were selected when it was opened) in its title
-The IScript Entries list now only shows entries that are actually in the file
-Added support for custom IScript ID's greater then the default iscript.bin's highest ID
-Added a new special header extension (like the GRP frames extension from v1.5) to define a custom name for IScript entries
PyLO:
-Updated the previewer, now it is located in the main window, can preview GRP's, and allows drag and drop for changing offsets
PyTBL:
-Added a text previewer
-Added the color list to the main window and removed the colors window
PyTILE:
-Added tile Group, MegaTile, and MiniTile Importing/Exporting to the Tile Palette window

As well as lots of bug fixes. I highly recommend updating!

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”