PyAI bug hunting

Help - Resources - Discussion
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:06 pm

I am trying to extract scripts from this aiscript.bin; they have labels but they are all scrambled-- exporting them doesn't help, as it exports the screwed up labels too.

It's fine when I turn off the labels.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

I can't check it out atm, but where did you get it from? My guess is it was made with an older version of PyMS which had a bug in the extra information saving. I'll check it out asap, thanks.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:08 pm

I got it from one of the recent scripters' files who let me collect their scripts by an AI compilation. Outdated PYAI is quite possible.

I appreciate your quick response, thanks a lot for all you've done since my AI days are pretty much over, but your program has been really useful. ;)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm sorry to say but I don't think I'm going to be able to fix it. I'll keep thinking on it and we'll see, but its corrupt and could be unfixable. Maybe you can get the original code?
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:30 am

No problem, I'll manage. ;)

I just tried to experiment with the extra information with my own scriptson PYAI (I had them off for a while), and it turned out fine. So it is probaly an old version. I will do some more tests later though.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 pm

I did a little test with the extra info in the newest version; may have found problem.
Resulting error msg is too long and won't let me post for some reason; i put in txt. I also
Steps:
Create a new aiscript.bin
Use the external definition file, unitdef.txt found in the PYAI main folder.
Import these 3 txt files with extra infomation activated
Save the aiscript.bin
close aiscript.bin and open it again
Double click toss script (Only toss gives an error)
Error msg appears.

Hope this helps. I also included the resulting aiscript.bin
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Tho I don't see the need for retaining comments and labels if all you're doing is compiling? And wow 3K lines in that one script I looked out!

Oh I know, that was just a test to see if the issue exists in the current version. I was sorta deliberately trying to cause it. Though I do have plenty of blank lines in my scripts. Those random jumps/seperate scripts for matchups do add up. It does run quite well, shockingly. I also had a more updated version in my own thread that has a far more readable version. ;)
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:19 am

[quote name='Archon_Wing' post='7898' date='Oct 27 2009, 01:40 PM']I did a little test with the extra info in the newest version; may have found problem.
Resulting error msg is too long and won't let me post for some reason; i put in txt. I also
Steps:
Create a new aiscript.bin
Use the external definition file, unitdef.txt found in the PYAI main folder.
Import these 3 txt files with extra infomation activated
Save the aiscript.bin
close aiscript.bin and open it again
Double click toss script (Only toss gives an error)
Error msg appears.

Hope this helps. I also included the resulting aiscript.bin[/quote]

I had the same problem Archon_Wing above described. When I opened my AIscript.bin Friday evening it gave a strange error about information not being supported and being ignored. My labels were gone and the Protoss AI gave the same error as Archon-Wing showed.

I had made a back-up of the AI's, but even when making a new AIscript.bin, PYAI would ruin the labels and duplicate a lot of them making the script inoperable. Eventually I had to turn save "comments and labels" off in order for PyAI to accept the scripts.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”