PyAI bug hunting

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Ok well I'll be looking into it, but this part is the most complex and hard to find problems in. If I can't find this bug it may come to the point where I just remove label saving. Its not like its that helpful. I only included it because of the extra information comments which noone uses anyway.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

[quote name='Archon_Wing' post='7898' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:40 PM']I did a little test with the extra info in the newest version; may have found problem.[/quote]
[quote name='JH24' post='8054' date='Nov 8 2009, 02:19 AM']I had the same problem Archon_Wing above described. When I opened my AIscript.bin Friday evening it gave a strange error about information not being supported and being ignored. My labels were gone and the Protoss AI gave the same error as Archon-Wing showed.[/quote]
Ok well I think Im getting close to finding this bug. It seems the problem is either when saving or loading the extra information from the aiscript.bin, and should be easier to find then a problem when generating the extra info. If anyone can supply a smaller code that reproduces this problem it would make everything easier. Thanks!

[quote name='bajadulce' post='8726' date='Dec 28 2009, 05:59 PM']When converting Mesk's wacky script, PyAI reported a warning that some parts of the script were run before town management, but were in fact not the case.[/quote]
Yeah this is because PyAI doesn't actually follow goto's and other jumps it just goes line by line through the file, it just knows it found a command before it found the start_town command. I'll look into making the detection better if i can, though I might just disable the warning when the first command is a goto.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

PyAI.exe is crashing a lot for me. I'm just typing some stuff in and it'll crash. Happened Several times already. All it says is PyAI has encountered an error. :?:

Ctrl-T seems to switch 2 characters around..
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 am

What OS?
Is it an error from Window's or PyAI? PyAI would say "has encountered an unknown internal error" and have more info that I would love to have. You can also check in PyMSLibsstdeo.txt after the crash to possibly get more info.

If those don't have anything then Im not sure i'll be able to help unless you download Python 2.5 and the source version of PyMS and try that.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:19 am

Windows XP, using the exe's.

I have since then used it since the last time the error occurred so I don't know if stdeo.txt will help.

I'm not sure but it also seems more likely to crash when the MPQs(BrooDat, StarDat, etc) are being used, like if I'm also running Starcraft or ScmDraft. But it will crash also if they aren't being used.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 am

Yeah the stdeo.txt is overwritten if you use the exe again. Next time it crashes open stdeo.txt before you reopen PyAI. Also yeah, you shouldn't try having MPQ's open in multiple programs but it shouldn't crash because of that.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:18 am

When I try to import scripts from the PyAI Main Screen it will corrupt them by changing some of labels to PMCx 0000.

this is with comments removed. (+i button off)

to clarify, this does not happen when importing from the PMCx window open and using the import button in the PMCx window.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:36 am

Here's a crash, PyAI was the only thing open.

EXE version again. Just editing some PMCx script.

I would use python but I don't have it installed and I don't really want to download it.

[attachment=2881:stdeo.txt]

hopefully stdeo.txt helps.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am

ugh. crash.

editing PMCx again.
[attachment=2942:stdeo.txt]

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”