PyAI

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Ah i see, i always thought it was, for example, defense_aa was "use this air unit to defend against attacking enemy air units", but the SCAIEdit manual says "use this unit to defend against enemy attacking air units, when air units are being attacked". So it seems all defense*_ag() and defense*_ga() commands give incorrect warnings, but the others should be correct. Thanks for the clarification, fixed for next version!
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:00 pm

[quote name='poiuy_qwert' post='3298' date='Mar 25 2008, 10:34 AM']So it seems all defense*_ag() and defense*_ga() commands give incorrect warnings, but the others should be correct.[/quote]and defense*_gg would give incorrect warnings too? like the defense*_gg 1 wraith in your previous post?

Defending wraiths can attack enemy vultures that are attacking your ground units (defense*_gg 1 wraith). same for defense*_gg 1 battlecruiser and other units. I can see how this could get confusing really easy. I was lost before reading this too. Maybe I still am. :P
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 am

Nope only defense*_ag() and defense*_ga() give incorrect warnings currently.

Well baja pointed out that SCAIEdit adds spacing when decompiling. From a quick glance it looks like it puts an empty line after all wait() and goto() type commands, and before all --blocks--. Should I add this? Or should I make it an option?

Edit: Also overlords are classified as a building correct? Does anyone know if that is hardcoded to the overlord ID or if its a units.dat thing like combination of unit+supply flags? I might test this out soon if noone knows/answers.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:23 pm

Hmm there seem to be some bugs with External Definition files (edit: actually variables in general), anyone tried them?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 07, 2008 4:50 am

Instead of using the debug command like:

Code: Select all

multirun(speek)
code...
stop()
--speek--
debug(null, Message)
--null--
stop()

you should just use

Code: Select all

debug(null, Message)
--null--
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 07, 2008 5:02 am

I thought we found the debug command to do nothing except print text and jump?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 am

Im fairly certain I remember finding that it did nothing except output and jump.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”