PyAI

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:01 pm

I could do that. It doesn't seem very useful to me but then again i havn't really done anything big with ai scripting. Thanks for the ideas.
modmaster50

Postby modmaster50 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:42 am

[quote name='poiuy_qwert' post='2703' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:01 AM']I could do that. It doesn't seem very useful to me but then again i havn't really done anything big with ai scripting. Thanks for the ideas.[/quote]

Well, you can then decompile a script with your variables implemented immediately (rather than decompiling, defining variables, recompiling, and then decompiling again :S). This would help if you have 2 stat_txt.tbl entries with the same string (modded files). Then you wouldnt have unit confusion when recompiling (What would happen if 2 unit strings were the same? :?: It might pick the wrong one?).
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:51 am

There is a new bug cropping up giving a "There is no block with name 'something' in AI with ID 'AIID'" error, even though you have the block it specifies. It seems to be just a bug in the error message, and you are actually missing a different block. So if this happens to you, just find the one you are missing and fix it. I have a fix set up right now, but I dont know if it will effect the rest of the code so I gotta do some testing (a fix will be up ASAP).

Edit: Looks fine to me. I'm going to be adding some new stuff too (external definition files), and some more error reporting.

Edit2: What i decided to do for the external definition files is all they have in them are variables, and they can be used either with the -f (--deffile) option, or can be called inside the code like so:

Code: Select all

extdef MyVars.txt

Im not sure if i want to let external definition files have Information Comments, but i'll leave that up to you. Any thoughts or ideas?
modmaster50

Postby modmaster50 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:48 pm

The external definitions shouldnt be included inside the aiscript file (like unitdef isnt included), so I dont think information comments are neccessary.

Btw, asking me to reply when Im offline doesnt work too well.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah thats what I was thinking. And you were on the online list when i wrote that shout, and you were on till over half an hour after that. Anyway, should be up later to night.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 am

Well I was just thinking about how in SCAIEdit if you define a custom script_name thats not in stat_txt.tbl, it will create a new one and append your name to it, and thought this would be a good feature. What i was thinking was in the script header, instead of just supplying a string index, you could supply a string, or a string index and string. Like this:

Code: Select all

# This would add the string "My Custom Protoss AI" to the end of a new stat_txt.tbl
PMCx(My Custom Protoss AI, 000, aiscript):
   end()

# This would change the string 1342 (Terran Expansion Custom Level) in a new stat_txt.tbl
TMCx(1342=My Custom Terran AI, 000, aiscripts):
   end()

Either way if the string is in the stat_txt.tbl already it doesn't add or replace the string.
Thoughts?
Corbo

Postby Corbo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:51 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='2505' date='Feb 12 2008, 11:27 PM']too bad the "taunts" can't recognize different languages and have different files like the other Starcraft files do. :) ... and why hasn't anybody built a multi-language mod yet? lazy bastards!

Ohh.. yeah ORAI's next patch says might someday update this to support different languages... lazy bastard.[/quote]
Funny that you mention it about a month ago >>
I became a modder before I got BW then I got both SC and BW but they were both in spanish and I completely hated it so I made a mod to play BW and SC in english and not in spanish :P
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:58 am

When you say ID's i assume you mean AIScript ID's (like PMCx). StarEdit just goes through all of the ai's in aiscript.bin (it doesn't know the ID's beforehand, it just goes through all of them), then depending on if the flags for the ai are set to be used in StarEdit, it will list it. The string associated with the AI is just what is shown in the trigger editor, nothing else uses the string.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”