PyAI

Help - Resources - Discussion
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am

I have no idea whats going on there. The only thing that should effect if the script is being run is the AI ID, like i said, only StarEdit uses the string, and thats only for the trigger editor drop down list for selecting AI's. The only thing I can think of is that SCAIEdit may have some compile issues (like how it doesn't compile the debug command correct). If I could have the script before you edited it and the edited one before you fixed it then i could look into it. Also what version of PyAI did you use?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:54 am

Ok I figured out the problem. When IskatuMesk compiled his AI, he was using the unfixed SCAIEdit with the stat_txt.tbl missing the replay strings. He changed the names of his scripts, which with SCAIEdit creates a new stat_txt.tbl with the new ai script names appended to the end, where the replay strings are in the updated stat_txt.tbl's. You were using the fixed version of SCAIEdit, which loaded the replay strings 1541, 1539, 1538:
p<0><3>P<1>lay<0>
View Players<0>
u<0>Speed <3>U<1>p<0>

SCAIEdit it seems is not setup to support nulls (<0>'s), so it only showed you:
p
View Players
u

So to sum it up, don't use incorrect stat_txt.tbl's and you will not have any problems.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Thnkx for quick reply. I thought xxternal scripts started from the beginning, but now I see it is a block. Having them all on one script would be best.

I am a little confused now about all this stat_txt.tbl stuff after reading this "giant cock stuff", but sounds like I can post here if I do run into any problems. :)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 am

Dont worry about that stuff, it should never effect anyone again (and it was a SCAIEdit problem). And i'm happy to help with any problems you may have.
modmaster50

Postby modmaster50 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:51 am

Well, if you wanted your race taunts to be more creative, you can add a label full of random jumps to select a random Terran taunt. Then the AI wont say the same thing every time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:11 am

haha, just not enough demand

Edit: Added some usage optimization tips to the first post.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 am

What version are you using? It doesn't seem to be up to date because the line thats giving you the error for me is on line 1244, not 959. Also if you are using the newest version, or it is still present on the newest version, it will be an easy fix, i will just need to have your script to fix it. Thanks for the report!

For now, before i get a fixed version up, try messing around with your labels and label names (like add a loop somewhere that it will not be run). Since its a problem with keeping track of the label names, you might be able to get it to compile by doing something like that.

Edit: He was using an earlier version, the current version does not have this bug.
modmaster50

Postby modmaster50 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Hey p_q, how about adding support for an external variable definition file (like SCAIEdit's unitdef.ini). Then, when you decompile a script (where you dont have the source file), you can have variables already implemented. Basically you can have a file where you store your favorite unit variables. Then you dont have to deal with a ton of stat_txt.tbl generated names whenever you decompile (makes mod Aiscripting easier too). This should be an option for compile too (to read your external variables). Also, this lets you use extra information and variables without storing your variables in the script. This feature also makes commonly used variables easier to access (rather than copying them into every script you write).

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”