PyAI

Help - Resources - Discussion
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Ok, thnx.... I wasn't sure wether it was that particular bug you was speaking of.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 am

The validation is really nice though, and I do like the script format. I wonder if there could be a way to auto add the () when a command is detected.

There are three things that bother me though:
1.) If I save and exit on a script, and the validator spots an error it will tell me there's an error and just exit. It won't let me correct the error like scaiedit does; all changes are just lost. It gets very frustrating the few times I get tired and forget to validate the script and then lose the last 20 minutes all because I missed a (). It should either refuse to continue, or give me a warning so I can fix it later.

2.) It seems to lag extremely badly when I try to highlight a bunch of text and right click. Maybe cuz I'm on Vista?

3.) There should be a way to turn off the notice about external jumps; maybe have a notice on the top of the screen.

But I do like PYAI for ai editing better though. The colors make the scripts so much easier to read, and those warnings are very useful since it's very easy to overlook stuff. Since my scripts have gotten so huge (bloated ;)) it benifits me more. The external definition files, which I've never used would make things so much easier too.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:40 am

@baja: yeah I have no way to reproduce these crashes, they leave no trace behind so i cant tell if its my fault or where the problem lies, and it is an actual Python crash, not just my program crashing, so it may be the GUI toolkits fault. I'm definitely going to try and get rid of the crashes any chance I get, but so far there is not much I can do. If you can find a way to reproduce the crashes in a consistent way I could look into it a bit more, so please tell me if you do!

@Archon_Wing:
1) Ah, never noticed that, i'll fix it.
2) Hmm, I get no lag here. How much text is selected and how much text is in the whole window?
3) Which notice?
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm

The notice "one or more of the scripts you are editing references an external block..."

As for the right click lag it seems to occur at random, usually when the program has been used for a while. Usually doesn't matter how many text is selected. Usually the scripts I work with have about ~1k lines.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Sure I'll add a "Remind me later" checkbox you can uncheck.

Alright well I'm not sure what could be causing it but I'll check it out.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:45 am

I think the unitdef.ini in the pyms folder should be added as an external definition by default. I'm not sure who would want to type out the full names like "Terran Marine" or don't know which race belongs to which race. :P

It's not a big deal, because you can easily add said file and it's already included. But it did turn me away for a bit, until I knew what a definition file was. :I
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm

The reason its not added by default is because PyAI is geared towards being an "aiscript.bin/bwscript.bin" not a "Vanilla/BW ai editor". As in I don't assume you want to use the original StarCraft units names, thats why it uses stat_txt first (since mod makers should already have a stat_txt for their mod, and mods don't generally have the race in the unit name, so the names arn't long and tab completion could work better).
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I suspected as such. Are people made aware that such a useful file lies in the folder though?
Anyhow, I just stuck a note on my guide about AI about how to select that definition file, since all my examples were in PYAI form and I didn't want people going "WTF WHY IS UR NAMEZ SHORTER CHECKMARK SEZ IT DOESN"T WORK HAX" at me since I know that people will just copy/paste my stuff without actually reading. :)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 am

Well its the only file in the main folder aside from the programs, and it will be in the documentation.

Return to “PyMS (poiuy_qwert's complete modding suite)”