BWAIWarV

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:08 am

TvZ results UPDATED!!
https://docs.google....UVA0NjZMdWg0V2c

The best Terran in TvZ is
both Equalizer! It's almost unstoppable!

The best Zerg in TvZ is
Myk Z! It was pretty safe all game. Most early attacks from T did not do much because of the sunken colonies, and 2base ultra seemed super effective.

Some conclusions:

Zergs in general were able to get a way with 1-2 early expansions, none of the Terran AIs really did a quick marine rush, although some did a rather quick attack (ex: Baja).

Ground Zero was in general better for Terran, because the 3rd base was much easier to defend. It did have some more epic games.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm

I wonder how my (now rather ancient) script, Accel_T fairs considering that at its time it was at least decent.

Also anyone know how these improved scripts stack up against the more complex AIs that use BWAPI? (disabling exploits such as worker luring of course)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:56 am

[quote name='Equalizer' date='02 July 2012 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1341246846' post='10942']
I wonder how my (now rather ancient) script, Accel_T fairs considering that at its time it was at least decent.

Also anyone know how these improved scripts stack up against the more complex AIs that use BWAPI? (disabling exploits such as worker luring of course)
[/quote]

I guess I didn't find your script, I'll just add it later to charts later. :)

I'm not sure, Krasi0 did make a few videos of his AI against some Zerg AIs on his channel. Too bad they're all Zerg AIs though. Maybe you can get him to make some more, but he seems rather focused on TvZ mech builds.

Btw, do you plan to do any more Ai modding?
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 am

[quote name='Taranok' date='02 July 2012 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1341294960' post='10943']
I guess I didn't find your script, I'll just add it later to charts later. :)

I'm not sure, Krasi0 did make a few videos of his AI against some Zerg AIs on his channel. Too bad they're all Zerg AIs though. Maybe you can get him to make some more, but he seems rather focused on TvZ mech builds.

Btw, do you plan to do any more Ai modding?
[/quote]

I've looked at the videos by Krasi0; the micro advantage of BWAPI AI agents over BWAI scripts is pretty obvious but it is interesting that one of the BWAI agents could still pull off a win though macro powers (mass zergling).

I'm considering trying to create a BWAPI AI agent but it is concerning that a lot of other people have worked on the problem and yet the bots still seem a rather long ways from consistently giving human players a tough time (ref. AIIDE SC AI competitions 2010/2011).

Alternatively, I might try and see how hard it is to create BWAI scripts designed to take down existing BWAPI AI agents.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 pm

[quote name='Equalizer' date='03 July 2012 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1341371550' post='10944']

I've looked at the videos by Krasi0; the micro advantage of BWAPI AI agents over BWAI scripts is pretty obvious but it is interesting that one of the BWAI agents could still pull off a win though macro powers (mass zergling).

I'm considering trying to create a BWAPI AI agent but it is concerning that a lot of other people have worked on the problem and yet the bots still seem a rather long ways from consistently giving human players a tough time (ref. AIIDE SC AI competitions 2010/2011).

Alternatively, I might try and see how hard it is to create BWAI scripts designed to take down existing BWAPI AI agents.
[/quote]

Yeah, I believe current bots are still at around D rank level on iccup.

If you wanted to make a challenging AI, why did you make a noncheating script? :P

I also want to test some BWAI vs BWAPI matches, but I need to figure out how to set that up... I've not had much experience with BWAPI or C++.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 pm

PvT results are up!

Best Protoss PvT:
Myk War!
Dark Templar eat everything.

Best Terran TvP:
Equlizer!
Still the best!

Other random stuff:

A lot protosses got a score of 8.
Surprisingly Blizzard P got a score of 4.5, and beat Baja T twice(!), one of the leading Terran AIs.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Interesting that my script still does well against Protoss considering it was mostly designed to fight Zerg.
(If we tested mirrors I'm almost certain it would do badly at TvT)

Is there anything that can be done about the observer's buildings in the test maps? They mess up the attacks of the AIs quite often.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:27 pm

[quote name='Equalizer' date='06 July 2012 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1341613837' post='10952']
Interesting that my script still does well against Protoss considering it was mostly designed to fight Zerg.
(If we tested mirrors I'm almost certain it would do badly at TvT)

Is there anything that can be done about the observer's buildings in the test maps? They mess up the attacks of the AIs quite often.
[/quote]

I haven't finished testing TvZ, maybe it will win that too! :)

You can easily get rid of the observer. Assuming you know how to use WinMPQ (and have it), download melee.trg in this thread. Then add it to patch_rt.mpq in your Starcraft folder. Add melee.trg to the triggers/ folder. Keep a backup patch_rt.mpq (in case you ever play online).

Also TvP is now pretty easy for T it seems, unless P is super cheesy and goes for DTs. I think P AIs need reavers now, although they're not good for attacking...

By the way, I think your AI crashed on the TvZ Ground Zero Equalizer vs Avance Match. I'm not sure which bot crashed, but I'll just guess your crashed, because Avance has never crashed before (not that I've seen yours crash before).
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 am

Wow Equalizer! Your scripts are amazing! TvZ only had one loss. And did very well in TvP. Congrats for winning top Terran AI! :)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 am

[font="Arial Black]FINAL RESULTS IN[/font]

Return to “StarCraft Modding”