Playing Without the Launcher

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Playing Without the Launcher

Postby DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 pm

So I'm using McBane's high res patch or utility, and it uses it's own launcher. I'd like to implement all the AI scripts and settings that BWAI project gives to SC permanently, without having to use the launcher every time, so that I can use the High Res launcher instead. Can this be done?
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 am

Try following these steps and replace Chaos Launcher with the high res launcher.
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Postby DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

[quote name='poiuy_qwert' date='11 February 2012 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1329004960' post='10733']
Try following these steps and replace Chaos Launcher with the high res launcher.
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks!

Question: the 'Display Script Names" checkbox doesn't work for custom melee does it? I have it checked but it doesn't appear.

Gottanother question: do these scripts apply to UMS maps with the expansion custom AI scripts? I'm making a UMS map that only uses expansion custom AI scripts, to simulate melee with allied AI players, so I'm wondering if your scripts would still work with the UMS AI scripts.
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:34 pm

[quote name='DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr' date='13 February 2012 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1329130990' post='10738']
[quote name='poiuy_qwert' date='11 February 2012 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1329004960' post='10733']
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks!

Question: the 'Display Script Names" checkbox doesn't work for custom melee does it? I have it checked but it doesn't appear.

Gottanother question: do these scripts apply to UMS maps with the expansion custom AI scripts? I'm making a UMS map that only uses expansion custom AI scripts, to simulate melee with allied AI players, so I'm wondering if your scripts would still work with the UMS AI scripts.
[/quote]
They should work fine, as long as you set the triggers right. And it looks like you have the right idea there.

Just throwing this out there: If you want a 2v2,3v3,4v4 or somesuch, try out a multiplayer UDP game. Unless there's some other functionality of UMS you're after. :)
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Postby DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am

I tried a multiplayer game. The script names didn't appear. Would they only appear if you use the BWAI launcher with it checked?

EDIT

OH SNAP!!! I had the High Res files in their own folder within the SC directory, now I have them directly in the SC directory. BWAI files were all directly in SC directory, and with the HighRes files in now, NOW the script names show! The AI is so much fucking better now!

All I need is an MPQ pop cap mod, making it unlimited! I'd still like to have to use supply depots for the challenge.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”