arbiter placement ideas

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Ahzz

arbiter placement ideas

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 pm

I'm just thinking of of ideas to place arbiter in the script without making it freeze or crash game, yet have the ai fusion go to massing script part as fast as possible. sure, building tribunal and upgrades is easy, but the first place_guard arbiter and defenese use parts would be complicated.
any ideas?
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 2:48 pm

ah I have one idea.

Can I multirun the place_guard arbiter 0? if thats possible without freezes/crashes, then it's np and effeciency should be quite good.
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 3:03 pm

yes michael mentioned that if there hasn't been a place_guard arbiter 0 before training arbiters or something, the game will crash.
Arbiters are late game tech, and it takes a while to get into them without slowing the build order up otherwise. Yet I want to go to the "massing" part of the script as fast possible. By waiting for arbiter tech to arrive, I slow down the training results, not by much, but everything counts. I'm asking this for the AI fusion mainly. if the place guard arbiter works even though its done by a multirun script, then its no worries. otherwise there might be.
EasyChat

Postby EasyChat » Sun May 20, 2007 3:24 pm

[quote name='Ahzz' post='444' date='May 20 2007, 04:03 PM']yes michael mentioned that if there hasn't been a place_guard arbiter 0 before training arbiters or something, the game will crash.
Arbiters are late game tech, and it takes a while to get into them without slowing the build order up otherwise. Yet I want to go to the "massing" part of the script as fast possible. By waiting for arbiter tech to arrive, I slow down the training results, not by much, but everything counts. I'm asking this for the AI fusion mainly. if the place guard arbiter works even though its done by a multirun script, then its no worries. otherwise there might be.[/quote]

From when i played MK's fme scripts vs P. There is one that uses all units and from what i saw it used arbiters well and it never slowed it down or seem to.
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 3:37 pm

true, but I want even better timing and I don't want it to depend on training results. what if the opponent constantly attacks the P, opponent cant bring P down but P loses units all the time. Arbiters are not being built because it has not reached the certain period yet. Besides, that is really vague in his scripts. This is coming to the AI fusion and I have to atleast make these sort of things close to perfect.
EasyChat

Postby EasyChat » Sun May 20, 2007 3:45 pm

[quote name='Ahzz' post='449' date='May 20 2007, 04:37 PM']true, but I want even better timing and I don't want it to depend on training results. what if the opponent constantly attacks the P, opponent cant bring P down but P loses units all the time. Arbiters are not being built because it has not reached the certain period yet. Besides, that is really vague in his scripts. This is coming to the AI fusion and I have to atleast make these sort of things close to perfect.[/quote]

Cool, this is how i notice alot of people beat blizzards official scripts. It you keep troop numbers below the train, then it will constantly try to reach it before moving on. This is why sometimes the ai never ever techs up, if you harass it enough.

Does create_unit only work with UMS?
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 3:49 pm

yes indeed, that actually beats almost any computer. In fact, any computer for BW at the moment. That's why this style of coding is required... To avoid all that and yet still act normal and tech further etc. I dont want arbiters to be slowed down since they're such a big asset to the game. That's why I'm asking you folks. Feh, tomorrow I'll probably try this through, make a test where multirun script uses place arbiter. I'll see how it goes.

Does create_unit only work with UMS?

no it should work on melee too.

Also:
Does a script part like this crash?
multirun arb_tech
---------
:arb_tech
wait 10
wait_build 1 stargate
wait_build 1 templar_archives
build 1 arbiter_tribunal 80
wait_build 1 arbiter tribunal
place_guard arbiter 0

yeah. Also, can defense use and defense build commands be used in multirun part of the script?
Ahzz

Postby Ahzz » Sun May 20, 2007 6:46 pm

most likely stop.
Alright I guess this kinda clears it up, as long as I can use place guard on multirun. It should greatly enhance the AI.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”