TaranokAI v1.71 (P) Updated: 1/6/13

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 am

Mine has higher fire priority of tanks for HTs, Defilers, reavers, etc
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 am

to Myk:

Have you thought about using Feedback to kill ghosts? The AI actually uses feedback pretty well. The only thing I don't like about feedback is that it doesn't usually target Science Vessels, because the Energy has to be larger than the HP of the unit, and with Ghosts, its no problem with (i think 45 HP). Sci Vessels have 225 i think.

Krasi0:

I don't know how much more effective other compositions other than Goon + Zealot will be. Other than that composition, maybe we could try:

Archons + Zealot ( will get decimated by good EMPs)
some type of Air Based play(?), like Corsair + Carrier? (likely have trouble getting up infrastructure because usually require 2/3 bases, and air play isn't always reliable)
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:38 am

mass carriers + arbiters might work as mine is too slow to attack and doesn't prevent P from expanding
Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 am

[quote name='Taranok' date='02 December 2012 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1354436082' post='11261']
to Myk:

Have you thought about using Feedback to kill ghosts? The AI actually uses feedback pretty well. The only thing I don't like about feedback is that it doesn't usually target Science Vessels, because the Energy has to be larger than the HP of the unit, and with Ghosts, its no problem with (i think 45 HP). Sci Vessels have 225 i think.

Krasi0:

I don't know how much more effective other compositions other than Goon + Zealot will be. Other than that composition, maybe we could try:

Archons + Zealot ( will get decimated by good EMPs)
some type of Air Based play(?), like Corsair + Carrier? (likely have trouble getting up infrastructure because usually require 2/3 bases, and air play isn't always reliable)
[/quote]

I hadn't considered the DA. I'm not sure they'll get to the ghosts - medics have energy too. I'll have to try a few out in my next set of tests.

I don't think it's going to get much better than Goon + Zealot mix. HTs and Arbiters are pretty important in dealing with Terran, and without them working then Protoss isn't going to function too well.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm not sure about other AIs, but I think A_Wing T only builds Ghosts + Marines once it gets to the late stage. Accel T doesn't build ghosts at all. Not sure about Baja T.

Since ghosts are pretty high in gas (75), the AI likely can't produce so many Firebats. So you can sort of counter by running a detection loop that checks for Covert Ops. Once you detect it, change the Army composition to have less dragoons and more zealots, which are not affected by lockdown and are pretty effective against marines + tanks.

You could probably throw in some Archons or HT with that extra gas.

Arbiters are only reliable for cloaking, because it tends to stasis pretty badly in attacks. I'm trying to see if it works better if you an exe edit to turn the "agressive mode off" (turn off enemy life total check during attacks) and raise the minumum total enemy life condition.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Guys, regarding scripting of Terran bots, you might be interested in my new idea:
index.php?showtopic=1025
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 pm

[quote name='krasi0' date='08 December 2012 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1354975279' post='11284']
Guys, regarding scripting of Terran bots, you might be interested in my new idea:
http://www.broodwara...?showtopic=1025
[/quote]

It seems cool, at least. You should probably try to include some of these new commands in your example scripts.
I would try it, but whenever I inject an AI and start a game it just freezes :X (maybe I'm just an idiot).

So the AI can only attempt 2-3 attacks? Or can you repeat L3 commands?

I've started the new PvT AI, and this one currently uses reavers, because that seems like a safer plan than getting carriers, although we could try to transition from reavers to carriers after securing 3 bases. We'll see.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:49 pm

The freeze is because of BWTA analyzing the map. You should wait less than a minute for it to complete. If the BWTA directory is created in bwapi-data, it will cache the analysis for later usage.
L3 commands will repeat as long as there is army. L2 is one time only - initial, less strong attack.
I should really include the new commands in an example. Good point! Edit: now included in the tvp.txt script.

BTW you can test your PvT AI vs random BOs used by my bot :)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:54 pm

[quote name='krasi0' date='08 December 2012 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1355006996' post='11287']
The freeze is because of BWTA analyzing the map. You should wait less than a minute for it to complete. If the BWTA directory is created in bwapi-data, it will cache the analysis for later usage.
L3 commands will repeat as long as there is army. L2 is one time only - initial, less strong attack.
I should really include the new commands in an example. Good point! Edit: now included in the tvp.txt script.

BTW you can test your PvT AI vs random BOs used by my bot :)
[/quote]

OK, i guess I just didn't wait long enough. For me it takes about 2-3 minutes.

By the way, the nonBWAPI AI won't work as well if your scouting SCV attacks it D:

Unfortunately BWAPI means that I have to wait for a game to finish, rather than watch a replay, where you can speed up stuff.

EDIT: You can speed the game up using Cheat Engine. Unfortunately watching a whole game and then watching the replay is not as efficient.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 am

Today I will make the scv harassing opponent workers thingy optional so that it doesn't mess BWAIs.
You can use BWAPI's
/speed X
command to speed up a game. X == 0 means the fastest, 42 is normal, 1024 - the slowest. Try values in between.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”