TaranokAI v1.71 (P) Updated: 1/6/13

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 pm

[quote name='Taranok' date='17 September 2012 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1347868247' post='11108']
If anybody wants here are somewhat the timings for 14CC (i think, if i did it right according to this page).

Basics (all approximations, in game time):
1:00 - Supply Depot
2:05 - Command Center
2:25 - Barracks
2:53 - Refinery
3:40 - Factory (I built this at @100 gas)

[attachment=3091:14CCbuildtimings.rep]

so is wait(10) 1 second in game time?

I'm still having trouble with building an army after getting 3 bases, for some reason locks up at around 140 supply. :( still looking into it.
[/quote]

I like something such as...

Code: Select all

build(8, Protoss Probe, 80)
wait_buildstart(8, Protoss Probe)
build(1, Protoss Pylon, 80)
wait_buildstart(1, Protoss Pylon)
enemyowns_jump(Terran Barracks, anti_rush) //freeze probe production, make 2 gateways and zealot rush back
multirun(probe_building)
farms_timing() // maybe too early
wait_buildstart(10, Protoss Probe)
enemyowns_jump(Terran Barracks, 2_gate)
wait_buildstart(12, Protoss Probe)
define_max(12, Protoss Probe) // unset after the nexus is built
expand(99, 12_nexus_expand)
--2_gate--
// Build 2 gateways and 1 cybernetics core, in whatever order,
// depending on if you want early zealot pressure or not.

// enemyowns_jump(Terran Bunker, ...) can be useful in judging your rush
// a bunker is half the cost of a CC, so you might want to expand right away to use it to your advantage
// or get a few more zealots and attempt to break it...

// After your 2 gate, 1 cybernetics core are done, check Terran's build
--what_next--
enemyowns_jump(Terran Academy, 3_gate_dragoon) //Or zealots, or whatever you want to counter the academy rush
enemyowns_jump(Terran Factory, normal_build)
resources_jump(400, 0, expand_now) // They're either slow, or expanding after 1 barracks, or doing something weird!
// alternatively, if they don't have anything, you might have a random jump to your 3_gate_dragoon rush,
// or anything else that might surprise a slow player.
wait(1)
goto(what_next)

I almost wrote half the script for you. Oops! :D
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm

build(8, Protoss Probe, 80)
wait_buildstart(8, Protoss Probe)
build(1, Protoss Pylon, 80)
wait_buildstart(1, Protoss Pylon)
enemyowns_jump(Terran Barracks, anti_rush) //freeze probe production, make 2 gateways and zealot rush back
multirun(probe_building)
farms_timing() // maybe too early
wait_buildstart(10, Protoss Probe)
wait_buildstart(12, Protoss Probe)
define_max(12, Protoss Probe) // unset after the nexus is built
expand(99, 12_nexus_expand)
--2_gate--
// Build 2 gateways and 1 cybernetics core, in whatever order,
// depending on if you want early zealot pressure or not.

// enemyowns_jump(Terran Bunker, ...) can be useful in judging your rush
// a bunker is half the cost of a CC, so you might want to expand right away to use it to your advantage
// or get a few more zealots and attempt to break it...

// After your 2 gate, 1 cybernetics core are done, check Terran's build
--what_next--
enemyowns_jump(Terran Academy, 3_gate_dragoon) //Or zealots, or whatever you want to counter the academy rush
enemyowns_jump(Terran Factory, normal_build)
resources_jump(400, 0, expand_now) // They're either slow, or expanding after 1 barracks, or doing something weird!
// alternatively, if they don't have anything, you might have a random jump to your 3_gate_dragoon rush,
// or anything else that might surprise a slow player.
wait(1)
goto(what_next)

define_max gets reset after you expand?

maybe I really should study your scripts :P

do any bots currently use 12/13/14 nexus?
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm

[quote name='Taranok' date='17 September 2012 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1347916007' post='11110']
define_max gets reset after you expand?

maybe I really should study your scripts :P

do any bots currently use 12/13/14 nexus?
[/quote]

define_max is a global (within the script) setting. I meant to use it something like...

--12_nexus_fe--
start_town()
build(1, Protoss Nexus, 80)
wait_buildstart(1, Protoss Nexus)
define_max(60, Protoss Probe)
wait_build(1, Protoss Nexus)
// usual stuff goes after here, like the geyser building, probes, etc.

You can reset the define_max wherever you want.

Mainly, it's just a way of stopping extra probes from building so you get your timings right. There's other ways, like controlling the probe production all inside of the same thread (Baja's scripts are like this), but I'm not patient enough to script that way.

I don't know how good my scripts are. They all deal with idiosyncracies with the AI engine, so some things will just look weird.

RE: 12-14 Nexus:
Baja/Raynor P (open up the script and look for the fast expand section)
Unleaded P, for sure.

Actually, haha, the default does a fast nexus build too. That's worth seeing at least once!
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 pm

[quote name='Myk' date='17 September 2012 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1347925939' post='11112']
define_max is a global (within the script) setting. I meant to use it something like...

--12_nexus_fe--
start_town()
build(1, Protoss Nexus, 80)
wait_buildstart(1, Protoss Nexus)
define_max(60, Protoss Probe)
wait_build(1, Protoss Nexus)
// usual stuff goes after here, like the geyser building, probes, etc.

You can reset the define_max wherever you want.

Mainly, it's just a way of stopping extra probes from building so you get your timings right. There's other ways, like controlling the probe production all inside of the same thread (Baja's scripts are like this), but I'm not patient enough to script that way.

I don't know how good my scripts are. They all deal with idiosyncracies with the AI engine, so some things will just look weird.

RE: 12-14 Nexus:
Baja/Raynor P (open up the script and look for the fast expand section)
Unleaded P, for sure.

Actually, haha, the default does a fast nexus build too. That's worth seeing at least once!
[/quote]

Hmm... ok. I think I tried redefining it once, but for some reason I must have thought it didn't work. Image

Blizzard AI Protoss always seems to zealot rush :lol:

I wish Equalizer could do this for me..
Myk

Postby Myk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:14 am

[quote name='Taranok' date='17 September 2012 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1347926318' post='11113']
Hmm... ok. I think I tried redefining it once, but for some reason I must have thought it didn't work. Image

Blizzard AI Protoss always seems to zealot rush :lol:

I wish Equalizer could do this for me..
[/quote]

What all do you want the script to do? I'm sure I could help a little bit. I need to update my PvT scripts anyways, they're old and broken.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 pm

[quote name='Myk' date='17 September 2012 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1347941666' post='11117']
What all do you want the script to do? I'm sure I could help a little bit. I need to update my PvT scripts anyways, they're old and broken.
[/quote]

Your DT rush works just fine :P.

I haven't started yet, I've had some schoolwork I had to do. I'll definitely start soon.

By the way, I do have a script I was writing until I kinda took a break. It's not real polished, but it gets some stuff set up at least. There aren't any detection loops, which is bad because that's the most important part. Once the AI can get past early game and get some reavers or DT's, then it should be fine.

Why BWAIWar T AI's not build Science Vessels? They have extra gas anyway..

[attachment=3093:Taranok P 13nexus.txt]
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Timing for proxy 2 rax:

1:20 - Barracks (2nd barracks can't be tested, so I omitted it)
1:50 - Supply Depot
2:25 - Bunker (if bunker rushing)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Timing for Siege expand:

1:30 - barracks
1:45 - refinery
2:35 - factory
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

updated to 1.5

I do have some of the outline for my new PvT script, I just haven't had the time to really work on it. Here's basic outline:
[attachment=3097:TaranokAI 13Nexusv2.txt]

Hopefully its simple enough for people to understand, not like my normal scripts :)

running out of upload space :(
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 pm

lol I just noticed that guide for PvP 2 Gate 5 Zealot expand is new at teamliquid.net.

My AI has been doing this from the start :P

some random ranting:

Zerg is by far the weakest race in BWAIWar. The while most ergs can beat the lower Terrans, the best Terrans cannot be beat. Other than ling all-ins or 4pools, most Zergs cannot beat the better Protoss AIs, especially at later stages. Lings are absolute terrible.

Lings need lots of surface area, via a surround, to be effective. I have had some success with scripts that go fast hive + adrenal glands with mass ling that beat Protoss AIs, but before hive, the AI is very vulnerable without adrenal glands + upgrades. Technically the Zerg should be ahead in upgrades, since 1-1 in Protoss has less effect than 1-1 in Zerg for Zerglings, but Zerg must put more emphasis on defense because while going for upgrades, the AI is very vulnerable.

Hydras are also terrible. Obviously they are terrible versus Terran, but versus Protoss they are terrible also. The AI does not micro them at all, which is critical. If we ever wanted to balance ZvP, we would have to buff the HP of the Hydra or somethings, but balancing just for a AIvsAI match seems a bit silly.

Lurkers are horrendous since they never burrow at the right time. They would be very useful against Terran, and probably Protoss, but there's nothing that can really be done.

Mutalisk are terrible, get melted by marines, especially since most good Terran AIs get fast +1 weapons and the Mutalisk usually have no upgrades. They are OK versus Protoss but they can't be used to defend, and can get killed by Archons.

Ultras are the way to go versus TvZ, as Myk's Zerg script shows, but ZvP is just a zergling rush fest. And even then, DT (more cheese) can stop that apparently.
Both my terrible script (won like 90% of the PvZ by +1 timing attack) and Peppe P (which had ridiculous unit compositions) had no problem runnning through large amounts of Zerg units.

Accel T is so overpowered. And so are DTs.

Terran seems to be the strongest race. Against M+M, Zerg and Protoss both fail to use their AoE attacks effectively, with the exception of Reavers. Zerg Lurkers, as mentioned above, get killed before they burrow. Protoss High Templar aren't always useful because they can storm way too late, or they get killed, and adding more High Templar doesn't usually equate to more kills. Reavers can be surprisingly useful (although I haven't tried them myself), they seem to be able to easily deflect M+M attacks. I might study it's use in Peppe P a bit more.

EDIT: Reavers are terrible sometimes, especially if Terran has tanks. After the Reaver(s) wipe out the M+M, Reavers try to take out the tanks, often alone, and get killed.

Defender's advantage does not exist in BWAIWar. In fact, it almost seems like defender's disadvantage! When an AI attacks an opponents expansion, the defending AI sends its current units to defend. If that doesn't work, all units in the process of being made stream in to their death. Even though the reinforcements for the attacking AI have farther to travel, the reinforcements for the defending AI just don't get anything done (most of the time).

Ways to fix this: There are not too many ways to fix this. Maybe increasing rush distances will help the defender. Making chokes smaller could work. I'm looking back at Cloud Kingdom vs Fighting Spirit. Cloud Kingdom games were just silly short because the "chokes" were glaringly large, while Fighting Spirit, with very narrow chokes, had lengthier games, although still not very long either. A third way could be to put expansions farther away from each other? I am not really sure about this; I'm thinking about Tau Cross, but I haven't seen too many games on it, to be honest.

v1.6 should be out soon when I figure out why it starting freezing even more than before.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”