TaranokAI v1.71 (P) Updated: 1/6/13

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:18 am

Here's my very rudimentary AI. It uses reavers, with damage upgrade, as well as speedlots with +1 armor initially and eventually all upgrades. It has a simple attack loop.

It just uses prepares an attack and then expands.

It uses check transports, but when the AI runs into the command, it just stops everything else and builds like 6 shuttles. Is there a way to fix this?

[attachment=3119:ZBwaiP.txt]
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 am

[quote name='Taranok' date='14 December 2012 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1355534332' post='11301']
Here's my very rudimentary AI. It uses reavers, with damage upgrade, as well as speedlots with +1 armor initially and eventually all upgrades. It has a simple attack loop.

It just uses prepares an attack and then expands.

It uses check transports, but when the AI runs into the command, it just stops everything else and builds like 6 shuttles. Is there a way to fix this?

[attachment=3119:ZBwaiP.txt]
[/quote]

Have you tried define_max in a multirun to solve the shuttle problem?

This what I used in the passed so it might work.

multirun(dropshipControl)

--dropshipControl--
check_transports()
define_max(1, Terran Dropship)
wait(2200)
define_max(2, Terran Dropship)
Taranok

Re: TaranokAI v1.61 (P) Updated: 11/23/12

Postby Taranok » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 am

Thanks for the tip, although why is the account name different?

I've been reading a lot of the old forums, and trying out a few of the new commands, so v1.7 actually has some neat features.

Changes:
- place_guard for the first probe, instead of build, makes the AI build the probe 1 second quicker :) quite trivial
- uses the Rush command! Only versus in the PvT matchup, but it uses rush(2, null2) and rush(13, null2) to see if the Terran opponent has enough defenses! pretty cool. I tried rush(7, null2), but it doesn't seem to work, as the T AI can have siege tanks and it will still attack. see rush values:
http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=11355#p11355
- lowered define_max on dragoons, I hate those things :p

Some of the games versus Archon Wing T are pretty epic!
If you want to watch, use the modified entropy.exe:
http://broodwarai.com/downloads/mods/taranok/Entropy3.zip
Heinermann

Re: TaranokAI v1.7 (P) Updated: 1/5/13

Postby Heinermann » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:58 am

If you want the precise build times you can use a DAT editor and it will give you the exact values in frames.

Also with BWAPI, you should be able to place a modified AIScript.bin directly in Starcraft/scripts/ since it has a feature that loads files from the directory before loading it from the MPQ.

I see you're using some stuff I've been figuring out. I'll probably use your script to test the BWScriptEmulator module.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 am

prep_down is similar to attack_add?
I saw a thread about the first worker here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=605.

What significant difference is there with using start_campaign()? I noticed that when I put it in, the my AI did a little bit different stuff with building placement, and some unit behavior, but I couldn't find any kind of identifiable difference otherwise.

With this upcoming update, it should freeze much more rarely, and probably be a better PvT AI against other BWAI AI's.

Rush command seems very inconsistent to say the least. I couldn't get rush values of 1, 4, 7, 12 to work out of the one I've tried.
EDIT: actually i could be doing something wrong... but..
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 am

Updated to v1.71:

Now takes advantage of the panic command. You can actually see this in use if you watch this AI vs Baja T v1.2 on Icarus. The AI actually starts running out of minerals after it tries to build an army, and so an expansion is built. It actually ends up winning the game despite losing its natural.

current PvT record on BWAIWarV reps (and obv with the modified entropy.exe):
1:1 vs accel T - on Jade, they kind of attack at the same time into each other or something.
2:0 vs baja T
2:0 vs a_wing T
2:0 vs racine T
2:0 vs Blizzard T
2:0 vs Easy Chat T
2:0 vs JH24 - this AI is pretty weird

that's 13, best of any P AI! except for dt rushing :P
Heinermann

Re: TaranokAI v1.71 (P) Updated: 1/6/13

Postby Heinermann » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 am

Yes, prep_down is exactly like attack_add.

Let n be the number of units specified in the call.
Let t be the total number of units owned by the player.
Let m be the minimum number of units to use in prep_down.

attack_add: adds "n" units to the attacking party
prep_down: adds "max( (t - n), m)" units to the attacking party
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Taranok wrote:Updated to v1.71:
1:1 vs accel T - on Jade, they kind of attack at the same time into each other or something.
2:0 vs baja T
2:0 vs a_wing T
2:0 vs racine T
2:0 vs Blizzard T
2:0 vs Easy Chat T
2:0 vs JH24 - this AI is pretty weird

Hey, looks good! Looks like Zealots and High Templar chew up bio armies quite effectively and then the Dark Archons easily level the medics with feedback. I couldn't easily beat it with my TvP setup and it seems that only accel T is equipped to handle it to any end.
Myk

Postby Myk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 am

Played around with 1.71 tonight and couldn't get a mech build to beat it. The best I got was an AI that could take expansions and barely hold onto them. Even at it's best, I can't match that crazy protoss macro enough to launch any sort of viable attack.

Is it Battlecruiser time? :lol:
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 am

[quote=Myk]
Played around with 1.71 tonight and couldn't get a mech build to beat it. The best I got was an AI that could take expansions and barely hold onto them. Even at it's best, I can't match that crazy protoss macro enough to launch any sort of viable attack.

Is it Battlecruiser time? :lol:[/quote]

Return to “StarCraft Modding”