TaranokAI v1.71 (P) Updated: 1/6/13

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I forgot this part:

The statement that these wont work is correct as proven.

defensebuild_aa 1 vulture (Vulture is not air, cannot attack air (2 times error))
defensebuild_gg 1 corsair (Corsair is nor ground, cannot attack ground (2 times error))
defensebuild_ag 1 siege_tank (Siege Tank can attack ground [G] BUT is not air unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 devourer (Devourer can attack air [A] BUT is not ground unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 dark_templar (Dark Templar is ground unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))
defensebuild_aa 1 guardian (Guardian is air unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote name='Taranok' date='15 January 2012 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1326652464' post='10619']
I forgot this part:

The statement that these wont work is correct as proven.

defensebuild_aa 1 vulture (Vulture is not air, cannot attack air (2 times error))
defensebuild_gg 1 corsair (Corsair is nor ground, cannot attack ground (2 times error))
defensebuild_ag 1 siege_tank (Siege Tank can attack ground [G] BUT is not air unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 devourer (Devourer can attack air [A] BUT is not ground unit (1 times error))
defensebuild_ga 1 dark_templar (Dark Templar is ground unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))
defensebuild_aa 1 guardian (Guardian is air unit BUT cannot attack air (1 times error))

[/quote]

You're entirely correct, certain defenseuses can only be used depending on the kind of unit. That's why I added defenseuse_aa/ag to the archons and dragoons in your script. If your base was attacked by air units, the AI wouldn't know which units to use for defense.

By the way, if you're interested, I uploaded a replay of Colosseum in post nr. 8. Although I'm not sure if it will show you anything informative. I'm not a good player to push an AI around. ;)

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to see more of your AI. Can't wait to see what you're going to work on next. :)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am

Well, that's not a bad start; produces units pretty consistently.

Upgrades need to be a lot sooner, maybe 7 minutes into the game. Otherwise there's no way the Protoss can stay competitive against Zerg. Maybe at least 2 forges.

Early game has the problem of building too many infrastructure. 1 base can't really support 4 gateways, but I saw like 6 before it took an expo. It was also teching and building many other buildings and as a result had not enough units. Cannons in base can help, but that doesn't need to be a priority.

AI can do better with more dragoons. They usually need some kind of range units or they have a lot of trouble vs most zerg units.

Finally, it should attack before the 10 minute mark, or else most zerg opponents will get out of control.

As for defending against air, that can be something to be gradually worked out. It's not easy at all with P AI.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:33 am

v1.03 is up!

Gets upgrades much faster, starts upgrades at 7 minute mark. Also turns out in one of my test scripts it really helps to get the assimilator early at the nat.

v1.02 was a complete failure as I noticed from the replays. I had to go back and fix a few things.

Hopefully 1.03 is the way to go. Changes are on the top post.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 am

Here is a replay (1 vs 2) played on Luna the Final.

I lost this game in the end when I ran out of resources. (But the AI would have won anyway. ;) ) The AI expanded well, build up quickly and upgraded really fast. But I noticed that neither of the AI's attacked me, they only started to move when I launched the first attack.

It's very possible this was caused because of the map itself, and sometimes two AI's at the same time seem to hold each other back a bit, as if they're waiting for each other.

[attachment=2923:Taranok1.4LunatheFinal.rep]
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Unfortunately I'm not left with much time to test them myself, I just try Ai vs Ai stuff.

Will look at replay and also try AI by myself.

EDIT: I plan to rewrite my whole script. It's been to confusing plus it doesn't really have a great strategy anyway.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Taranok,

How is your AI doing? Are there any new updates/developments? :)
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

I've been a bit lazy and a bit too busy, and plus my latest attempt wasn't the best. But I'm not going to stop modding! /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 am

I'm glad to hear you're still working on your AI. And don't be too hard on yourself. Your AI was very strong and did a great job with upgrading and building units. I lost to it several times and I loved how many different units it used. (Especially with the Dark Archon, I love seeing Protoss AI's with Dark Archons. :) )

When you start working on a new AI, please don't discard everything from your old AI. Keep the things you like, and try to work them into your new AI. Also, try to keep it simple in the beginning, let it only do zealots/dragoons, balanced expanding and creating steady income. When you're happy with that, you can add a new block to it with every version and if it doesn't work, you can easily take a step back.

If you're having a good working basic version of your AI, adding changes to it will be so much easier and more fun.

Good Luck. :) And if you have any questions, just let us know. ;)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:28 am

Mm, upgrades were better, and unit combo is better but could still come sooner. I think it's best to go one forge at a time and do it over time.

And yea, it didn't seem to want to attack for a while.

1 thing I noticed that you use very high numbers for defenseuse. Normally it's like defenseuse_gg (1, dragoon). I never figured out what higher numbers do, but it can cause issues.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”