help with toss AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

You can't. :( AI is stupid. Train observer works badly as well.

For the observer multirun, try having a place_guard (observer, 1)
Taranok
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 am

lolol I dont know if this has been seen before, but I put my AI vs one of the other ones and they both died with no buildings, but technically my Ai died first... both Ais died within the same second. /mellow.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />
JH24

Postby JH24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 am

Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks. I just read of a lot of stuff all around the forum and especially some of Archon Wing's ramblings.

Right now I think it is OK but is quite vulnerable to any attack with a mediocre size force before the 12 minute mark or so. Otherwise I'd say its late game is very good (but I think thats probably the easiest). Maybe some expanding stuff is kind of off.

I've been working on it about every other day for like half an hour or so... not as much as I would like to.

The only AIs I'm going to mention so far that my AI has beaten include Racine and Blizzard Zerg. Currently my AI is mostly PvZ (maybe you can tell), so really I haven't tested against any Terran Ais except Blizzard in which it got quickly killed by a marine/firebat rush. :(

EDIT: Right now I've been having a lot of trouble with Ashara Zerg AI despite the fact it doesn't attack early. A lot of the time now at least on Destination is that my Ai will prepare the attack, but as it prepares it gets attacked with my AI having a really bad angle and loses the majority of its units.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:24 am

Don't worry if your AI doesn't win against Ashara's AI on a specific map. Sometimes you can't control how an AI behaves or how a battle goes. Performance of an AI can really differ from map to map.

The best things to focus on in the beginning IMHO are making sure the AI can maintain a good income (good expanding and mining), is constantly producing new units with very few breaks, and is able to get some necessary upgrades early without slowing the script down.

If you're happy with that then you could lookf for example at things like unit composition, timing attacks, adaptive scripts, etc.)

===

I'm very interested to play against your AI, if you'd like. I'm not really experienced but perhaps I can give you some feedback. Could I use the script in BWAILauncher you've posted earlier in the thread? Or do you have a newer version?

You only have to upload if you want to. :)

===

Don't forget to check out the scripts from other AI's. It can give you inspiration and idea's for your own AI.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 am

I'll upload a version as soon as I can at least try to fix some of the problems I mentioned. This probably won't be at least until tomorrow because I'm going out of town today.

I just really want to get it right.

EDIT: Ok now it is significantly less vulberable after I took out the early attack armor and shield upgrades. I'm just waiting for my AI to beat this specific AI... and then I'll upload it.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I understand. Good to hear you're making progress with your AI. Take your time and Good Luck. :)

I have to work on my Zerg AI script as well. It stops producing units from time to time even with enough resources available. I need to find out why.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 am

Ugh.. more problems. I wrote a new AI and I'm testing it right now. However, I'm having problems with attacking on the 2nd wave because it won't group units together. But, it only happens on some maps. It grouped units on Tau Cross but did not on Destination or Byzantium.

Also, it trains 2 extra zealots after the first attack and 2 extra goons when building for the 2nd attack.

Attached script
[attachment=2951:test.txt]
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:11 am

Oy, Destination borks the AI badly sometimes, sadly, I'm not sure what I saw in that map back then. >.>

Return to “StarCraft Modding”