need starcraft hacking modding help

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
matefkr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

need starcraft hacking modding help

Postby matefkr » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:28 pm

i wanna make some modifications so that it will fit with BWAI games. First i made a few things like with datedit and icecc modding (just a few) such as changing damage price movement properties, making spawn broodling to just do damage (long ranged anti-stationary weapon), cut all insta kill weapons, made lockdown to just do damage. Also, made almost all weapons have a small splash damage. I used that named air splash, which only damages one unit with maximum damage. I also made projectiles do damage after waiting one cicle, so moving targets would be only hit wiht the outer small splash damage. i enabled for protoss plasma shield overlays to turn in images tab (i suspect it might be related to the crash).

since im not realy familiar with plugins and what not, i made exe edits for not into the exe file directly, then recalculate checksum. Anyway, now, there is a new section in the exe, which is there for debugging purposes, and i insert stuff there if needed. I did some exe edits:
-made turret attack use the weapon regardless of parent unit moving or not ( replaced the conditional jump to nop nop at 477cc8, before that there is a test for unit node +20h byte with value 2.
-made recall ability of arbiter so that it can recall allyies (using recall is not necessary for the crash). I made the modification at (around) 494400h
-made cloaking nearby units affect allies, buildings, nuclear missiles and arbiters. I only modified code at around 491cd0, (it excludes units of player 12 (player id 11)). I deleted arbiters attack from icecc, only animation of turning is played. There are non default plaettes for certain building overlays, i set them to be invisible under cloak (still crash).

The crash is always related to sprites, and they are null pointer crashes, except once, it was not a null pointer but way below starcraft memory. It doesn't matter if i use chaos launcher for example, or just the modified exe alone, it crashess, and seems like always when there are a large amount of units, so that at least around 20-30 minutes of game passed.

Should i post the mpq and exe?
TassadarZeratul

Postby TassadarZeratul » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:56 pm

matefkr

Postby matefkr » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:39 pm

TassadarZeratul

Postby TassadarZeratul » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 am

Not Chaos Launcher plugins. Firegraft has its own plugin functionality (though I think GPTP actually uses MPQDraft plugins, but they're compatible with Firegraft, too).

Anyway, I'm going to add you. ;0

Return to “StarCraft Modding”