what best attack_do or send_suicide 0

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Wed May 30, 2007 5:12 am

I've added an example of what goes about the way I would use a send_suicide run.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:57 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='653' date='May 30 2007, 10:34 PM']I like the implementation of the wait_train x units, but it only passes thru that once.

Also sucide_loop is being ran 3x simultaneously in your code?

once in the first block
a 2nd time in 2nd block
and a 3rd time in final block

Since it's a loop it would only need to be ran once.

The addition of the wait_train x units could be very much the thing that suicide_loops need tho :)
not necessarily the "max" units that you are anticipating, just a safeguard against what Ahzz describes in Raynor2.0 zerg.[/quote]

yeah I've used a multi-angled approach for the loop to get in.
maybe the wait should be some longer since it runs it in multiple times but this has a funny side effect.
since there are 3 separate loopt which start at a random time (namely when the main block calls a new one)
you never know when the enemy attack and with what since they attack with all they've got.
this results in quite some funny attacks (and even multi-targets)
so the three loops to work separately with not much waiting time between may or may not work all the time very effectively but can be very interesting.
specially when it's ment to be as random as it gets.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 pm

theoretical that can't happen since they are separately called and use the same waiting time, so they can never converge and become one since their waiting time is equal, and still, it always depends what you wih to do it for.
giving it not such a big wait between it can work very well as a way to harass another player.

and besides, It created that loop in order to ensure the computer to keep teching, which happens still even though it runs a send_suicide every now and then.
the great benefit of this is that you not actually need to specify units to train before an attack (which is causing much slowig down the teching)

and besides, you ca always create a break-up sequence when the loop isn't required nomore with a simply notowns_jump sequence.

I'm just saying, this is not the best way to go around, it depends of your intensions.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:26 am

I know what you mean but they just et send to another area (look at it that way)

I goes like this:
1st general tells them to attack base #1 all units existing then go there.

1500 later comes general 2 and tells then to atatck base #2
all units go there and those under attack stay when receiving damage (if not just stay because of nearby war) after they killed everything nearby they continue to base #2

then 3 additional tanks get built and again 1500 later general 3 says go to base #3
all (incl 3 new tanks) go and those under fire remain combatting where they are until they killed everything and then proceed to base #3
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:01 am

yeah offcourse I can't control where ther're going but I want to point out the location doesn't matter really much...
for the same money they could go twice to base #1 meaning those which are allready at base #1 dont have to relocate.. they'll get reinforcements as it were..

Return to “StarCraft Modding”