SC Revolution mod on 1.16.1

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
drbrainheart

Re: SC Revolution mod on 1.16.1

Postby drbrainheart » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 pm

pretty neat mod, w/ very good features. anyway, i will list problems instead (fewer than goodies) plus some suggestions:
-CONSIDER IT BEING RUN BY AI-SCRIPTS like in BWAPI (perhaps).
-the nuke effect should be altered, like adding something to the original nuke
-The ghost shouldt have plasma shield, or not that much, neither should it have lockdown, it stops large ship very fast, or mabe lockdown should work on mech units of small size. my ghost seems better, but, the snipeing is good.
-supply depot base seems better with my version, (10 base supply) the upgrade should give 3-4 i think. the burrow mabe two fast. (an added iscript command of my, called jumpifframe (or something) could be usefull here, but its primitive)
-vulture if howevring up and down only should do a single level a little faster, it looks awkward this way. and this only while stationary
-marine should be repaired with autorepair, since it has mech suit, my marine seems better (has grenade, you could give it by number i only gave it energy spell, such that optical flare doesnt blind, but causes damage)
-remove comsat station for realism (if terran could any could leave a satellite up there to look down from there)
-mabe alter roach so that its weapon hit produces similar as the spell of the queen.
-queen parasite shouldnt parasite mech units of large size, but implanting parasite into eyes is equvivalanet of controlling movement of units. so mabe its addition
-zerg buildings stop animating for some reason. not all of them. new buildings would start again.
-my lurker is better, it should get some above ground weapon though, plus fix the bug that it cant hit building/units(?) w/ multiple spikes
-zerg units heal too fast. zerg should also have a heal unit, like defiler, instead of dark swarm, the queen could get the dark swarm (perhaps)
-howevering shield battery? rework its shield recharge from plugin algorithm.
-my mutalisk is better, perhaps also my ultralisk
-zerg should have all unfriendly splash damage for hardhitting stuff,
-addons to be built by scv-s
-my tanks and goliats are better i think. guardian shouldnt spawn broodlings, they should be very cheap and have their lives decrease, but have some ability to attack (like swarmlings without conditions, not even supply restriction)
-plasma shield shouldnt lag so much for recharge, mabe so that when unit moves or attacks, it charges slower, and as it nears completion of chargity, it should charge slower then earlier. shield upgrades mabe tweaked, higher upgrade levels, causes over the top shields, if unit idle.. then it reduces (ever slower reaching max). ->repeated shieldrecharge by shield battery, can overcharge this (more deviation faster decline)
-zerg shouldnt heal this fast when burrowed (3 times faster is just too fast)
-some of my basic setups might be better
-nexus seems to want to do something to itself or something. sais cant target building. when i use its spells on units sais the same. but the nexus puts something on itself after it is charged to 50 energy.
-my feedback and dark archon is perhaps better, except, it has no mind control, wich could be given back to be only able to: disable small robotics, and mindcontrol small units only from closer distance without shield loss.
-perhaps include repair of mech protoss inside shuttle transport (upgrade for shuttle, or have a separate repair station). carrier repairs interceptors anyway.. or a bilding where you can trade back damaged units of protoss for money.

A small mod i made: (pehaps would be good to unify w/ yours, as you have written that some more realism).
features:
-almost all weapons made so that moving units wont get so much damage.. depending on size and speed.
-added a new iscript command jumpifframe, comes with icecc modified (Shadwoflare helped in it). it jumps if the thing is at a current frame number (not frameset). might add others for betterness with plugin, i only hexed it in :P. this corrects dragoon reinitiation of fire problem, and makes dragoon work so that it is prepared to fire when it stops (no iddle moving up and down). but now sometimes it has a "victory dance" as an added "feature"
-shields face directions, but not corrected.. just checked box.
-little faster shield recharge ( well propsal better). also reduced shield upgrades, 4 max
-marines fire grenades as well as medics, it goes for direction, so units can jump away. no stim for marines or bats, since there in mech suits. stim for ghost
-bat more powerful, rines shoot faster
-scarabs cheap rebuild faster, little farther range, passes along elevations but doesnt climb elevations or goes down on it. scarab can be destroyed, but not clicked, where it destructs it causes damage there, basicly modified die action to target self, wich causes attack commands other then useweapon (unfortunately) to fire a weapon at self.
-feedback damages only plasma shield and defensive matrix
-defensive matrix and many convenient things can be aimed at self, plague and ensnare cant (it should be)
-dark archon have damaging black shockwave like whatever concussive small thing wiper
-spidermine causes damage wherever it explodes for whatever reason, i think managed to make it operate a little faster..
-yamato gun far range, but goes for spot, no follow, have a little splash, upgrades
-lockdown is now just a rocket to cause 50+3 normal damage, but follows.
-arbiter cloaks allies and self.
-shieldbattery recharges buildings (easier done in plugin meh, but i just hexed it in), and allies, you can instruct the other shield battery to do so.
-pylon supplies aura for allies, you see all aura
-recall allies, nydus allies all races ground
-guardian is all around mass killer (similar to old valkyry attack)
-antiair valkyrie might not should be spamming rockets all around.. but meh, not touched
-lurcker spikes all around, burrows faster.
-tanks and goliaths shoot on the move, with exe edit.
-archons heal their body, pylons also
-mutalisk have separate ground and air weapon, ground is glave wurm but only its more damage some splash radial, it sticks ground little delay and explodes
-wraith fastest, largest sight from small planes
rest are visible when you look at it (just some small alterations).

some planned alterations (to the nuke for example), labesl are a mess.. meh. add this to your mod, or mabe just focus on creating a better engine. if you have time for this i will have tim to join in. but should get the source code of the scmdratf mapper things.. or mabe its not so hard to play the sounds and grp files according to animations and such.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't think he visits this site much. You'll probably have to find some other way to contact him, like pming through Mod DB or something.
krasi0

Postby krasi0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am

drbrainheart,
you can post your comment here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sc-revolution ... t/#3539513
drbrainheart

Postby drbrainheart » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am

i have sent a message.
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks to update this topic Taranok.

Drbrainheart, thanks for the bugs reported and suggestions.
Also where I can get your mod? I would like to try it.

About some of your points:

-Im considering to make a massive type for some units (like carrier and battle cruiser) so they can have special effects to some spells, like reduced duration on lockdown, maybe immune to some spells like parasite.

-Supply depot add-on its wrong for now, its currently giving 8 supply when it should be 4 (I will release a version with that and some other fixes soon)

- Nexus spell its like the SC2. It can be casted only on buildings that produce units or research tech/upgrades.

-Removing comsat. Are you suggesting that the scan spell should be also removed? Terrans have the most expensive mobile detection, so the scan spell compensate for that.
drbrainheart

Postby drbrainheart » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Thanks to update this topic Taranok.

Drbrainheart, thanks for the bugs reported and suggestions.
Also where I can get your mod? I would like to try it.

About some of your points:

-Im considering to make a massive type for some units (like carrier and battle cruiser) so they can have special effects to some spells, like reduced duration on lockdown, maybe immune to some spells like parasite.

-Supply depot add-on its wrong for now, its currently giving 8 supply when it should be 4 (I will release a version with that and some other fixes soon)

- Nexus spell its like the SC2. It can be casted only on buildings that produce units or research tech/upgrades.

-Removing comsat. Are you suggesting that the scan spell should be also removed? Terrans have the most expensive mobile detection, so the scan spell compensate for that.

some of the "bugs" might not be so because perhaps i forgot to replace exe with original, since i hexed in stuff into exe as well.
anyway, i suggest to give comsat spell to protoss. i gave it to carrier wich costs 10 psy now. and rised energy cost. terran have rised goliath thoughness some more thoughness for some of the units, and goliath is detector also. However a passive vision only satellite for example in reality is not so much costly.

i added spider mines being built in machine shop, inactivated, then they can be picked up by units such as vulture. these cost resources. once unloaded they activate. dropships are the mine layers now. things transport shit.
i upload as it is now.
I would like to have the lurker shoot above ground and below, a command of iscript i have added is good for this. The aboveground lurker could have the weapon of roach and the effect similar to that of the queen ranged attack. all the spikes should deal damage to buildings, now only one. transport/bunk allies, plus silo being standalone plus make it nukexplode upon destruction would be neat... taht is.. spider mines around silo, nuke explosion. would be interesting around corners of some sorts. note cloak building doesnt work with protoss it creates bugs in lategame. mabe if you make a plugin wich cloakes allies and buildings. this would work but the firegraft way doesnt.

link (modified ICECC icluded): http://qshare.com/get/1210952/newhacknotes.zip.html

later i would like to write a game perhaps. if it can be sold. it would be very good, and strategic game. or economic.. well mods could be created.
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 am

Nice! Your mod have a lot of cool stuff.

Dragoon fix seems nice, but it generate some delay when start to moving. Although its an interesting feature.
Spider mines provides new strategies, but also requires more micro.
The new lurker attack looks good.

I wasn’t aware that the shield graphic turn flag was unchecked, sadly it looks weird against some weapons.

I haven’t tried the arbiter to cloak buildings, but i see it working in other mods, and im almost sure that don’t use any plugin code for it.
Lurker having an above ground attack can be made with plugins.

drbrainheart wrote:i suggest to give comsat spell to protoss. i gave it to carrier wich costs 10 psy now. and rised energy cost. terran have rised goliath thoughness some more thoughness for some of the units, and goliath is detector also. However a passive vision only satellite for example in reality is not so much costly.

Comsat it’s part of the terran identity, im not sure of removing it. It might be tweaked a bit.
May be protoss need another way of detection (like in HotS), but I will try to think on other mechanic instead of scan.
Im not convinced of combat units being detectors. Detection should be used for some specific units to protect your army from cloaked assaults.

Im curious on how you did to make units attack itself on death and be able to cast some of the spells on itself.
I have made some implementation for the baneling to explode on death but its doesn’t work sometimes if killed by a melee unit.
drbrainheart

Postby drbrainheart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 am

but what i meant about comsat is that its just a satellite, and at least normal vision satellites are cheap for both of the other races, so they could just leave outside some satellites, and watch evenyone on the battlefield abov ground. but mabe those planets have fog all the time, then protoss would still be able.

The shield graphic looks waird because its also flawed especially when unit is controlled by flingy movement.
The mod will crash, with stock ai btw, i think units have now transport, so at least zerg lurker somehow will crash the built in AI wich is not huge problem since the mod is made with custom ais and BWAPI in mind (at least somewhat).

goliath is fairly weak against ground and not so much better against air, except for fleeing air. large ships are just large, a single detector or relatively short range can fit there somewhere.

lurker above ground can also be made now with the custom iscript command, because it would jump if lurker displays a specific frame (burrowed) to do the underground attack, and otherwise would do above ground. i dont know if it will target air when it have air weapons with 0 max hits, airweapon also being ground.

At least ai causes some trouble with cloaked buildings perhaps on fire protoss at least, i just made 4 vs 4 top versus bottom, stock everything but cloak everything mod on FG, have some of my buildings burn i think, Primeval isles map, pnly building 2-3 towns and defend it well, against mixed ai. after about i think 40 minutes the thing would crash problem was related to some sprites.

this is selftarget when thing dies. useweapon still wont selftarget: 479479 89 5B 5C 74 1B EB 12 and also 479490 ebe7
i think i have lost somehow the address of the selftarget orders, mabe this is it.. there you tweak: 49abaa .. i have inserted code somewhere also. so it checks for some stuff wich shouldnt target self, so the change effects everything on the point except for those wich shouldnt target. so this does the self recharge and selfrestore and self hallucinate and selfcarrier attack, and shish. like this wich look for a specific unit.

I dont think you would dislike any of the hardcode hacks i have done, outside of firgrapht patch, so you could just copy the differences somewhere.

EDIT: can i get all your mod stuff accessible? it would be fun to merge the two in a way. for BWAPI purposes. BUT STILL GUESS STARTING A NEW STRATEGIC GAME PROJECT MIGHT BE A BETTER IDE IF YOU HAVE TIME. mabe we could work together and work by small, proven steps wich might be funded through some funding sites if it works.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”