firegraft plugin help

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Arcanes_Lutarez

firegraft plugin help

Postby Arcanes_Lutarez » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi, I'm creating a starcraft mod and wanted to know if someone could help me create some plugins (mpqdraft plugin to firegraft):
1 - that the Zergling evolve in their hero
2 - to make a move underground Defiler
3 - to make the Terran buildings can evolve (as the command center sc2)
4 - and other things I need to go xD

or teach me to create plugins D:
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 am

1. no need of pluggins for this (at least not for the most important part), it can be done with a firegraft exe edit (i think it was "Order restriction - Check unit type"). This allow all units to morph. The problem is that if you cancel the morph the unit always turn into a mutalisk (exept for the hydralisk), and always use the mutalisk morph graphics.
2. Still dont know if is possible to make that, Im trying to add this in my mod. May be can be done using the siege tank transformation and a hard edit in the iscripts. But i will try to make it with pluggins first.
3. Afaik only zerg buildings can morph, with pluggins you can change a unit into another. like command center turning into another one with energy and able to cast scanner. (i will include this in my mod also)

Check my mod if you want: Revolution Mod, you may have a better vision of what pluggins can make.

For start working with pluggins i recomend to visit Modcrafters forums, they have some nice tutarials to star with.
Arcanes_Lutarez

Postby Arcanes_Lutarez » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 am

how i can create a plugin to make a zergling change for zergling hero? and comand center change into their addon?
thanks for the tutorial, I hope to learn to use
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, if you want to go for the pluggins, first focus on that tutorials. when you get your firts pluggins working i will help you with more complex things.

To make the zergling morphing try first with firegraft.
You will need to add a "Unit Morph" button for the zergling and select the devoring one unit(this will require to make a new button set and set it to the zergling).
Then edit the data requeriments for the devouring one, for a test it will be enought just checking the "used" box
Then go to exe edits and select "unit morph", change the "Order restriction-Check unit type" to disable, and i think you also need to allow the "all non morph units use cocoons".

Return to “StarCraft Modding”