Editing Ingame Interface

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drakiazuu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Editing Ingame Interface

Postby Drakiazuu » Sun May 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey, I'd like to edit some of the interface ingame, but have been unsuccessful in finding a tutorial explaining how any of that stuff works..

I've seen it done (In Starcraft Team Fortress) and I'd like to add some display information ingame for a mod im working on (Domination)

I have the bin editor, but still don't understand how to pull up some of the information I want. I can't find where the information for minerals, vespene, and supply are, because I'd like to move those. Then I'd like to create a mouse-over text display of what territories you control. There would be the name of each of the nations along the right side of your screen, and mousing over a specific one would move the name of that nation to the top and then list all the territories of that nation under it. This has to tie into the triggering of the map, so I don't know if that is possible.

If it isn't possible for the interface to reference information from the map triggers, I'd at least like to elaborate on the population information, by telling what units you have. That I know can be done, as it was done in STF. Although I do think it'd be possible, because you can enable a text readout of information in the top left of things like scores, death count, etc. which is similar to what i'd like to do.

Any help would be awesome :)

Some background info on the map/mod i mentioned, Domination (Thats just the name for now, from the UMS map Global Domination. I might come up with another one though), is a mod and UMS map (or maps if I continue with it).
You go around like a usual diplomacy, taking territories. Like in risk, the territories make up nations. Controlling a nation gives you a bonus.

Here's a screenie of what I've done on the map so far. So as you can see, there will be a LOT of territories to keep track of, and I'd like to color code who controls which territory along the side of the screen.
Halachee

Postby Halachee » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 am

I think the mineral placements are in a file called rez/glubnres.bin or one of those? Binedit2 would be the best tool to use to move those around.

For the mouse over information, probably only plugins will work for this.

Having your mod played in UMS will help out a lot in terms of neat things you can do combining the 2 worlds.

I hope you find some solutoins and can make some progress with your idea.
Drakiazuu

Postby Drakiazuu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks! And after talking to Hercanic, it's definitely plugins for the mouse over menus. After working a bit with some plugins I have found out that you can pull information from the zones within a UMS map, so with a lot of work I believe I can get these menus. However I think I'll finish the mod first and see if people like it before I go through the trouble of writing the plugins.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”