STF

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Flexo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Flexo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Myk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm

[quote name='Flexo' date='14 June 2011 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1308072084' post='10217']
Superduper replays. Myk did you know that sweatshops and oil rigs earn money on their own without dudes inside them? ;)

[/quote]
I don't really know much about the economy of the mod. I noticed that baja was doing way better than I was with just spamming the buildings more than worrying about the workers inside them.

I really like the units in this mod, to agree with bajadulce. They're really fun to use and are well thought out. I don't like that they're on a secondary button tab on the command center, at all.
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm

[quote name='Flexo' date='14 June 2011 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1308072084' post='10217']It looks like a good non-cheating AI is all that is needed here and Myk3.8 was a great choice. I'm givin this a go later.[/quote]
I really like that you can play this mod with our custom scripts. I was thinking of makng something like that Hero Mod but with custom units like the ones in STF. The new units would be really powerful however so you could play against the Extreme AI in the Launcher t_t! :)
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Baja:
Thank you for the replays! I enjoyed watching them, though even using the launcher it seems like Myk is breaking in the replays. =o

Flexo:
Thanks! Hope you enjoy!

Myk:
For the economy, each building and Engineer inside give 5 resources per cycle, so you have a few options on how to increase your economy -- lots of workers in a few buildings, or few workers in a lot of buildings. Both are viable, but each presents a different challenge, either in supply and production queue, or space and vulnerability.

I'm really glad to hear you like the units. That's one of the biggest aspects of this mod -- if they weren't fun to use, this mod would fall flat due to its emphasis on unit micro. So indeed, quite a bit of thought did go into them.

The unit submenu is a necessity of limited button space. To ease this, the hotkey system follows a positional order, where if you imagine a 3x3 grid on your keyboard around QWE ASD ZXC, a button in the top row, first position will always have Q has its hotkey. With this knowledge, you can quickly navigate submenues.

Is there another reason you dislike the submenu for production?

Undermind3k:
Yeah, I really like how the BWAI Launcher can be used with mods. I tried a match of STF vs an Insane script (Hammer), and it was pretty lolzy. I had to use Power Overwhelming to survive, and found Ashers work exceptionally well against the AI when invincible. =o)
Myk

Postby Myk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 am

[quote name='Hercanic' date='04 July 2011 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1309794906' post='10274']

The unit submenu is a necessity of limited button space. To ease this, the hotkey system follows a positional order, where if you imagine a 3x3 grid on your keyboard around QWE ASD ZXC, a button in the top row, first position will always have Q has its hotkey. With this knowledge, you can quickly navigate submenues.

Is there another reason you dislike the submenu for production?
[/quote]
I realize that there's simply not enough space without the use of the submenus. I don't have any great insight on how to solve that puzzle right now.

I thought about your question for a while and sort of whittled it down to two things:
1. I really like buttons that I use a lot to be out in the open. With my limited APM, an extra menu to poke through felt cumbersome at times and made it feel hard to make the units I wanted with confidence.

2. I'm just not used to the QWE-ASD-ZXC grid idea.
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Myk:
1. I can relate. I've always felt that way about the submenues "Buildings" and "Advanced Buildings" on workers in normal Starcraft, but that's obviously a well-accepted and necessary solution. This is why on the STF Engineer, the two most common buildings, Territory Claims and Sweatshops, are outside of the Build submenu for quicker access.

2. Yeah, the hotkey layout definately takes getting used to. Once you force yourself to use the hotkeys, though, it starts to feel more natural.
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:35 am

STF Plugin is now open source. Enjoy! =o)

[quote name='poiuy_qwert']Hercanic (creator of ) has given me permission to release the source of the STF Plugin. He originally asked me to document how to print text to screen, but has graciously let me release the full source. I hope to augment the code with some actual "tutorial" bits and maybe more in-depth descriptions of parts, but don't hold your breath.

Also note, this is old code so its not the best, and im not saying any part of it is the best way to do things, but it gets the job done and I hope it can help others. I've gone over it and heavily commented it, but If you have any questions, ask away (oh, and while i was commenting i fixed up some code to be better/easier to understand, but don't have any way to check I didn't break anything).[/quote]

Return to “StarCraft Modding”