STF

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Hercanic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hercanic » Sat May 14, 2011 11:01 am

Thank you for the feedback! :D I really appreciate it.

For AI, I was thinking of looking at some of the Zerg AI BWAI has, and seeing if the author would be interested in having it featured in STF to provide more of a singleplayer challenge. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

If you were attacking a Zerg Queen's Nest and selected it to see its health, that might have caused the crash. I've had a few cases where I'd be checking a building to see how well a unit was damaging it, and I think I tended to crash with the Queen's Nest. I still need to perform a conclusive test, however. If true, it'll be mighty weird, since the Nest shouldn't have been altered in any way (so likely culprit would be a FireGraft corruption).

As for the otherwise general stability, I'm glad to hear that. I'm pretty compulsive in checking my changes in small groups to quickly isolate and eliminate any bugs. It takes longer in the short term, but the end result is what you see.

I agree about the darkness of some of the buttons. I haven't done much work with palette editing, so I'll need to learn more when I redo the button icons.

Ah, I'm glad you noticed the hotkeys! Yes, I never liked Blizzard's style, and always thought a position-related system would work better. All you have to do is look at where the button is, and you'll be able to figure out its hotkey (not to mention your hand gets to stay in the same place). The only downside is whenever I move a button, I've got a little more work to do.

I look forward to any and all other feedback! Again, thank you!
yggdrasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby yggdrasil » Sun May 15, 2011 3:25 am

Yes, I wanted to say that it seemed to have something to do with clicking on a queen's nest, but didn't want to lead you on a wild goose chase. I'll try that out and give a report back.

@ Zerg Ai:
How much has been cannibalized?

Also how do you play in multiplayer without desync on the IWS hotkey? do you simply reassign it or just avoid it all together? I might be able to get my little brother to play a few games this weekend.
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Sun May 15, 2011 6:42 am

Zerg AI: Nothing from the Zerg has been used, except for the inversion of Ensnare.

IWS: The desync happens when you give an order to an Engineer that was selected using IWS. You can still use IWS to find your idle workers, but you'd have to remember to re-select them manually before doing anything with them. Otherwise, just don't use the 0 key (it cannot be reassigned).
Jordi

Postby Jordi » Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

fun mod.

just curious what properties does the program check to find idle workers? neat feature.
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Tue May 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Jordi:
Thanks! In general, the plugin is looking at what orders are running for each Engineer, and records the ones running their idle order. For specifics on this, PQ is the man behind STF's plugin magic. =o)

Bajadulce:
Glad you like the update's changes! If you save any replays of your games, I'd love to take a peek!
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

This looks like a really fun mod! I am going to try out different Zergs using the BWAI Launcher use target.mpq option and will report back ;)
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 am

The Zerg have used mass Mutalisks, Ultralisks, and Defilers against me in plenty of games. It just takes a bit of time (~30min) for the standard AI to get to that level.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”