PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Ok I gave the mod a try. :) First game I had no idea what was going on and got killed fast by diablo so it wasn't much of a game to post here! 2nd game it didn't seem to do very much; I wonder if it doesn't like Tau Cross? Here's a rep of the 2nd game, (replay is lost for the 1st cuz I hit restart >.<) Comp was terran I believe.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:32 am

Ok, here's a game where the AI is much stronger, with the Andariel interceptor thingy totally causing havoc. Breaking up its ramp was a total pain on this map. Also ignore the last part of the game. I didn't realize there was a cloaked building left, then I spent a while longer trying to figure out how to get detection to eliminate him. :lol: I think you can doctrinaire those flying wisps but by that time I had build random teslas. ;)

I would also like it if you could morph several shapeshifters at once.

Replay corrupted around the 20 minute mark where I just simply die halfway in the replay which did not happen. :o ;) I played it on single player, not sure if that matters.

Edit: as for the script, try multirunning the place_guard commands. Those commands typically have low priority and may cause the script to stall. Maybe the tesla multirun should have wait_build(1, forge) before it?
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 am

So it's probably the worker being stuck on the building. This time it happened to me. ;)

Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Here's a game against the Adept difficulty (harder mode). I neglected workers a lot due to all the fighting, so it was not until late in the game when I realized I had like 20 workers among 4 bases. :lol: No wonder I could never afford the 2nd alter+upgrades. :lol:

I had to go for a slower expo due to the large rushes this AI does. Against the regular AI you could always just build a vault first and get a tesla or two in your spare time. In this case, build a rax pretty early like after a few workers, get a forge and then some teslas. I also found the upgrades to be very useful so it might be a good idea to just run 2 altars and forges early. Armor seems more useful for the Berserkers (axemen) though as they seem to serve more as meat shields as well as benefiting the crosbowmen too.

Anyhow, I managed to stall them long enough to get the dragon planar, and he quickly helped mop stuff up. Using mirror image on him would make it even deadlier.

The other thing I noticed is the AI is able to expand more effectively in this mode.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:29 am

With the next version, should this harder difficulty be the standard default one included in the .exe? Players wanting to play easier or more difficult levels would then have to use poiuy's BWAI Launcher to change.

Since the neophyte AI isn't really a pushover either and you guys seem to have a good time fighting it, I think we can just keep it as is. IMO, if people want a better challenge, then they can go choose "hard" mode. Overall the neophyte difficulty is just suitable for people who just started the mod. People probably would like some breathing space while learning the game.

Seems the player is able to build a lot of fighters and rangers (beserker and cbowman etc). I was hoping the mod would focus more on smaller unit forces. Would lowering this max be good or harmful to the overall experience?

I think it's fine. The planars tend to be very expensive and take a long time to research/create so you must have a decent army to keep yourselves alive. But I'm the type to prefer large battles.

I notice you manage to hit the "building" cap of 150 in almost every game. Looking at your empire, you typically have about 3 expansions + maybe a half dozen tesla sentrys. Do you feel this is adequate AND would a small reduction in this ceiling limit be good or harmful for the overall experience? The intention was that players couldn't build say 30 teslas or expand all over the map.

I actually could use some more. :lol: But then I like maps with tons of money on it and prefer that you could build @ them. After all, if the comp can expand, the only way to defeat it would be to take more bases than it as its rebuilding capability is pretty crazy once it has 3 bases.

Massing teslas... I actually believe that's a losing strategy, at least past the mid game. Besides the very heavy taxes, the AI's late game skills easily tear teslas apart. Your army and tech will be too far behind and the comp will simply kill you with t2/3 planars. In any case, the AI could be made to expand a bit more if the game takes a long time. I don't the thing is stoppable if it had 4-5 bases spewing out guys. :)

At the same time, they seem to be vital to surviving the versed difficulty early game.

But anyhow, Teslas are mostly used to keep your base safe from counter attacks while you take the offensive. You could increase the building limit but also increase the supply teslas take up.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Awesome! I've downloaded it and I really look forward to play it this weekend.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”