PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 am

Wow, you're going to quite the length to nerf the computers. And I always strive to make the comps in my mods as insane as can be. I'm assuming it has something to do with a modified economy or something?
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:43 am

I'll need to play it with you guys sometime.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:44 am

omg tomb vipers!!!. :D I downloaded it and will try it out.
Jon_

Postby Jon_ » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:12 am

The normal difficulty level tho seems to need more nerfing.

hi. :) I played about 3 games and got my arse whooped each time. Sent you a pm with replay. I played as Undead to check out Diablo but never got that far /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

how would you nerf?
Myk

Postby Myk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 am

I played a quick game with Jon_ right after you left earlier.

Everything went pretty well and things were pretty mellow for quite a long time. Then all hell broke lose.

Pixies are really powerful. I can't imagine playing without them now since they basically make your units way more effective. Since the healing is passive it makes it easier to manage other spells and units.

I need to drop the PEAI map pack into my maps folder. Ramps are a real pain since 1 unit can almost hold a ramp vs. infinity others lol. Maybe if you get some maps you'd like give some big ramps I could butcher them up in SCMDraft since I'm pretty handy with it.
Jon_

Postby Jon_ » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 pm

So that's where my cash was goin! :) That tax leaderboard is really important to know. Hope that gets fixed so it's part of game not just replay.

Why does the AI have to build a citadel if it can train probes from the hidden observatory? Very confusing.

Here's my suggestion for the oracles dilemma: A big benefit in tax breaks should come at the price of defense and units like the pixie. It appears that both salvations and sacrafices outweigh the perks of oracles due to the uber healing power of pixies and the saftey of Tesla Globes. You almost have to pick those 2. If there was some serious cash benefit to Oracles, then temptation alone will get ppl to abandon either pixies or Tesla globes. What that benefit is, you'll have to figure out. Maybe move the dimensional portal + dweb to Oracles as well?

I think the tax brackets should keep going instead of just stopping at 14.

Unit sizes are rather big, but that makes this mod fun. If Myk can alter some of the maps so they have bigger ramps and more room, this woud be a huge help. If you do reduce the units, don't reduce the sizes too much. ;)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”