PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
yggdrasil

Postby yggdrasil » Fri May 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Gjob on figuring out the UMS AI issues :)

something to report:
CPU Beleaguers aren't using siege mode in the UMS games I've played. They siege up in Melee, but not in UMS.

I'm seeing lots of Mordekaine's Goo (ensnare) now in UMS that I didn't ever see in melee?
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Here's a replay of me beating the AI in a 3-player FFA.
yggdrasil

Postby yggdrasil » Sun May 15, 2011 3:20 am

That must be the demo that was released? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> I don't think I had discovered the site yet so don't have that version to check out replay. current version isn't hidden, but not advertised or listed anywhere. It has appeared now and then on the shoutbox:

PEAI.zip
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Sun May 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for the link! Whew, Baja definately added a lot more!
Jordi

Postby Jordi » Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

gjob on getting your UMS AI problems worked out.

I really like the new UMS updates alot. The UMS AI still isn't as smooth as the melee one, but all the UMS features are worth it.

I played a few games on the new UMS compstomp maps and had a rough time trying to beat this new UMS AI on easy /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

I love how the computer now builds his own transend paths and reponds to the ones I make but not ALL the time ;) Whenever he responds i lose because I can't kill his globe fast enough. If he doesn't respond, I can usually hold off his attack and win!

CPU Beleaguers aren't using siege mode in the UMS games I've played

confirmed.
Peabody

Postby Peabody » Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Heyo! I stumbled on this mod after chasing your TeamLiquid.net profile. I am shocked to see you have been a TL.net member since 2004 with less than 250 posts? Not much to say? :lol:

I haven't played many mods, but absolutely love Baldur's Gate and had to check this out. Rummaging around searching and searching for the download link was a game in itself!

I wasn't expecting much with this mod, but was blown away with how clean and polished everything is. I love all the references to BGate. The familiar sounds and spells brought back some good memories. First couple of play thrus were very confusing and almost deleted from computer after losing and losing. Now I am loving it on the #1 AI choice and hope to graduate to the #2 difficulty. The computer is such a little bitch with all the little cheezeball spells constantly messin with you. I hope you finish this "Den of stinkin evil!" :D

I have a logic problem to report :cool:
If you spend all your initial gas on buildings other than an altar (say a Wanderer chamber + rax + new vault) you won't have enough to build the Altar (250 gas) which is needed in order to build a compactor to harvest gas. The income at end of cycle doesn't include any gas either looks like. So basically you're stuck!

Also what is up with that one invincible wanderer?
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 pm

YO!

Right now the stupid UMS "wheel of death" or "moondance" attack AI is really keeping me from moving forward with the campaign. Without a decent AI, it's hard to justify working on this.

Do you have any plans to work on this now that the UMS AI looks to be fixed? I know a few things about mapping and can offer help. ;)
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Thu May 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I love the new UMS computer stomp maps! Computer is all up in yo face and the new transendant choices are much better now.

Watchkeepers might be a bit OP vs. the computer but i wouldn't prob stand a chance without them.

Let's play some more games soon. I got some cheesy tactics wanna try out vs some unsuspecting victims :P

Return to “StarCraft Modding”