PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Jordi

Postby Jordi » Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Undermind3K wrote:Let's play some more games soon. I got some cheesy tactics wanna try out vs some unsuspecting victims :P

Bnet USWest account: Jordi
Look for me :roll:

agree Watchkeepers are prob OP but they don't have a weapon so kinda hard to say. A drop with a watchkeeper and some upgraded shadowpoles = serious rape if you have no detection ;)
yggdrasil

Postby yggdrasil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Undermind3K wrote:YO! Do you have any plans to work on this now that the UMS AI looks to be fixed? I know a few things about mapping and can offer help. ;)

BUMPER DUMPER!

YO! This guy is offering to help and you haven't responded! You should take up the greater cause and recruit some peeps to do this thing man. Get that Ling dude, Mesk, and anyone else you can. Not too many dudes though cause that doesn't work ;) I'd be into helping test and offer ideas and feedback.

go-go-go-go-go
malanga

Postby malanga » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi oldschooler friend from TL.net. i've been a long time follower of Racine's AI from bwai project and Entropy follower when Bnet is down. Here is some feedback on the Planar E mod ;)

I'm not really a fantasy world guy, but enjoyed your mod kicking my ass a few times on the easiest AI choice. /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> it is a good ass whooping and doesn't feel cheap like other insane cheating AI i have played. The color circle thingies were really bizarre, but you get used to them aftr awhile. I read most of the web pages and some of this forum and there is a lot to digest. Jeez man, how long have you been working on this? can't really pinpoint what I liked about this game other than it was simple but is obvious a lot of work went into this. great job.

Some bugs and suggestions
My workers got stuck a few times but i see this has been talked about

2nd game I couldn't get any gas because I couldn't build a gas thingy :P

Planars don't seem THAT godly? I was expecting Diablo to be able to stand up to more abuse. I had some serious rapage planed with him but didn't materialize.

The opening seems a bit dull because you have so much money to begin with? I can see that opening bo's will almost always be the same in order to reap the bonus payouts. altar- gas thingy - both civics - wanderer house. I don't imagine one could rush with more rax's cause there wouldn't be any gas left to build that gas refinery. Also building workers from scratch is a little tedious. I'm not a modder, but have some map experience and you could have a few workers spawn after you make your game choices. With even 3 workers, you could lower the amount of money to begin with. just throwing that out there.

Ok that is enuf for now. :D
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 am

I'd have to echo LordAgamemnon with regards to Mad Elephants. You have to look at every design from both perspectives -- using the unit, and having the unit used against you. If one unit can single-handedly take out an entire army, then it's just GG when you see one coming at you.

In order to balance such power, you'd have to considerably heighten the price and time; but as you get more and more extravagant, the unit sees less and less usage in games.
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 pm

fun fun fun :roll: I'm ready any time.
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

great job on mod baja. I really like all the tricks like the AI, picking races, and how the tech tree works to make units. how does the AI choice thingy work anyway? I want to use that if i ever make a mod myself --> *yeah right. Also how do you make the letters appear and dissappear on those buttons? I'm talking about the hotkey letters.

Also any way this AI would work without the custom graphics? I would like to try a Sci-Fi Starcraft version of this mod lol cause the AI rocks with all those spells. Lasers not swords! j/k but not completely if that makes any sense :)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”